The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotus owners (and future Lotus owners) are one of the most thoughtful, intelligent, helpful and passionable groups I've encountered in my long life! The common bond is the excitement and thrills...and the fun of driving and maintaining our favorite sports car. But the bond is deeper than that. Although we have different backgrounds, interests and goals, our strong feelings of driving performance, handling and skill, and our passion in life makes us very, very similar.
Of course, LotusTalk is a powerful tool to enjoy Lotus ownership, there is more than bolts and nuts. Even if the topic is something besides "Lotus" (politics, religion, relationships, or even pure craziness), I listen. Most of the time, the comments make sense. Or it makes me think. I learn, not only how to improve my life, but I feel the passion of life itself.
I've never seen such a spread of ages in a group like this! Yet Lotus ownership breaks the age barriers. For example, our group that drives together spans from the 20's up to the 70's. And yet we all learn from each other. We feel a deep respect of each other, and that's rare as the special car we are driving.
When I found my Lotus as the "pinnacle" of my auto experience, I didn't know I found the my best friends at the same time!
Thanks for all of you!

Now, let's get back to DRIVING!:shift:

--Hal

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
+1 :up:

- z

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Lotus owners (and future Lotus owners) are one of the most thoughtful, intelligent, helpful and passionable groups --Hal
Passionable? I hope that's not something dirty!!!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Thank You ! Thank You ! ... I'd like to thank my producers ( mom & dad ) my agent ( XXX ) Writers ( Serebo1 ) and graphic production artist ( SweetdaddyD ) OOPS..... can't forget the camera operator ( RacyTracy ) rotfl

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
not me... i am just some dumb a-hole, and i even molest goats on wed. nights!! but i blame it all on transio for not being around anymore.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I agree, Hal. I've met a lot of great people here and at the Golden Gate Lotus Club. Amazing how 1 great car can bring so many nice people together.

Steve

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Lotus owners (and future Lotus owners) are one of the most thoughtful, intelligent, helpful and passionable groups I've encountered in my long life! --Hal
I see this thread doesn't apply to former owners who still are active here. rotfl

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
met a lot of awesome peeps through LT. :up: Now if you'll excuse me I have 20 pages of new posts I have left to check.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Hal,

I completely agree. I am just 20 years old, but a lot of my Lotus friends are in their 40s, 50s, 60s, and I can identify with all of them.
Please refrain from lying, at 20 you don't suffer from lower back pain:D

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I still have ties with Lotus Owners, even though I don't own A Lotus anymore. I check in here often. Seems like there are MANY former Lotus owners still keep in contact too. It's not the car, it's the people.:D

Pcar people? It's too early to compare. PCA seems more into soicializing than driving. I'm sure that many PCA members are into track activities too, but the first events I ran into were dinners, breakfasts, concours, gimmick rallies etc.

The PCA forum is not as personable and active as Lotus Talk.

-Hal

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
From my understanding the PCA is actually a really well organized group. Many track days and autocrosses between the LA and SD regions.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Agreed, best group of people ever!

I can't wait till I get another Lotus. Maybe I should just swap my 135i for one.

Hey, guys, can a Lotus be used as a daily driver???

:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts