The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I've been a long time fan of Lotus back in the day and am considering an Evora as they have finally made something I think I can handle as a daily driver. I have driven an elise back in 2007 and know its not for me.

I am also considering a 2002 NSX and a 2007 Porsche 911. Its going to be a tough decision as I've always love the NSX's for its rare exotic ness looks, and the 911 is just the "safe" bet due to its superb build quality and I can easily drive all year long.

In other forums, the Evora has taken criticism in its build quality.

Do I have to be concerned over the build quality in a 2010 Evora ?

Am I going to be faced with crazy "service" bills ?

your thoughts are appreciated.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
It really depends on the previous owner. There were some issues with the 2010s, but chances are the previous owner got them taken care of under warranty. If there is a specific car you're considering, take a look at service records or contact the dealership it was serviced by and find out what warranty work has been done. The maintenance cost on any of those three cars is going to be sizable. Yes Porsche is considered to be lower maintenance, but an 07 911 is now a 7 year old car, so don't fool yourself into thinking it'll be maintenance free. NSX is hand built too, and now 12 years old, but still one of my favorite cars.

Just about every thread on here has at least one comment about the Evora compared to a 911, and while we're obviously biased, most of us will gladly take a couple of service issues to avoid the risk of pulling up to a stop light next to someone in the same car all the time.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Just find one that has all the service work done. It would take a pretty lazy owner to not have had everything serviced since some a still in warranty.

·
Registered
260 Posts
you have a PM

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Hi All,
I've been a long time fan of Lotus back in the day and am considering an Evora as they have finally made something I think I can handle as a daily driver. I have driven an elise back in 2007 and know its not for me.

I am also considering a 2002 NSX and a 2007 Porsche 911. Its going to be a tough decision as I've always love the NSX's for its rare exotic ness looks, and the 911 is just the "safe" bet due to its superb build quality and I can easily drive all year long.

In other forums, the Evora has taken criticism in its build quality.

Do I have to be concerned over the build quality in a 2010 Evora ?

Am I going to be faced with crazy "service" bills ?

your thoughts are appreciated.
i would look more at a 2012 Evora vs a 2009 911. in terms of the 911, by 2009 they resolved the engine blowing ims issue and the oil weeping RMS. in the Evora the interior and build were ramped up a lot.

when comparing, really look at the cars - 90% of those 911's will be mostly plastic with a touch of leather scattered about. the Evora is the opposite.

i think that many of the Evora problems stem from the limited use so if you really are going to DD it, there is a very good shot you will not encounter many of the concerns.

·
Registered
67 Posts
im selling my 2011 evora s 2+0, 15,500 miles, let me know if interested.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I think there were Q/C improvements which each year. With 2012 getting the most updates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts