The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I'm considering the following upgrades over the winter. Any thoughts or suggestions from more experienced would be appreciated. TIA.

Engine:
Oil pan, catch Can, remove the stock oil coolers, lines and sandwich plate.

Radium rear clam removal kit.

exhaust ( vision function ?)

Radiator (while im in there removing the coolers, may as well take care of this)
Splitter (purchased)

Tires (toyo r1r or r888) currently have dunlop extreme contact.

Total budget for the above is 3k.

I've been flip flopping on upgrading to a supercharger and am heavily leaning towards the BOE 310. Obviously this would not fit in the 3k budget.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I put the radium rear clam removal kit on mine. It works well and my back end looks better than the clam hinge. The only complaint I have in lining it up perfectly is a bit of a bitch. There's this annoying velcro strap that holds the clam flush, but if you miss... you have to pull it up (which is basically starting over).

End result, my clearances are a bit off, nothing bad, but the passenger door has maybe 5mm more gap than the driver door. Still I recommend it over the clam hinge :)

Looks like you're working at a track setup, 200 bucks fits nicely in your budget rather than 1k too

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
For a track set up, I'd probably go with beefier lines, or the BOE relocation kit, rather than removing the oil cooling entirely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts