The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't logged in and this popped up.

Made me vomit - just saying' :)

Seriously though, I can understand an Aston Martin ad or a Jeep Ad or a State Farm auto ins ad.

Why am I seeing this on a car forum?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I didnt know the usa was dead

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
I didnt know the usa was dead

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
ok how about dying?

from today: Going hungry in America: ?Distressing,? ?humbling? and ?scary? | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

add the debt to this, the gas price gone up $2/gal since BO took office, to name a few. China's middle class getting larger from our companies, while ours gets smaller.

Where's the honor and pride in making sh*t in your own country...employing people in your country. Selling out your folks to make extra $1 all the while making other countries richer and more powerful than yourself.

There's a saying and it goes: "keep it in the family."

When does someone look in the mirror and say how much is enough? How much more shall I make at the cost of destroying others around me.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
They promised “change” and that is all they have left us – a few pennies. I for one do not see any reason to support them. I would like to keep my left over pennies.

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Every time I click on the "Chik-fil-a" thread, I get the craziest pop-up ads. I used to think it was just me and my age, but every one of the college-aged kids I've asked says they have never, ever clicked on an online ad, and they don't even "see" the ads on Facebook.

I know everybody is super-impressed by the skills that 16-year-old social networking whizs claim to have, but do they ever actually look at the ad links that are produced by the algorithms they are using?

And finally, does the president have a birthday every single month? Why do the ads keep appearing about signing the card? Okay, really finally, the pop-up for the Al Franken-Sherrod Brown "petition" (i.e., donation) to overturn Citizens United because corporations are not people? No mention of unions. This time for real: in the Dodd-Frank financial regulation bill, the ruling that companies who make products that contain minerals that cause conflict in Africa (e.g., tungsten from the Republic of Congo) have to disclose this on their packaging. I thought it was an Onion article or a leftover from an April Fool issue. Who comes up with this stuff? The SEC originally estimated a cost to comply of $171M, which on Monday was re-estimated at $3-$4 billion.

Wow, I feel better now.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
most of those ad banners are generated based on your cookies or recent browing history... meaning if you were recently veiwing an article about Obama/politics (whether good or bad)... it uses his name as a keyword & thus you will get ads catered to your previous searches (facebook uses the same type of ad system & more higher traffic sites are catering that ad system as well)

as for the Ford ad, you may have been at a blog/autotrader & ford was in the topic of discussion

for example, i was looking at canon cameras on newegg... so i get generated newegg adds on this site all the time which makes sense

now the pay ads normally show consistancy, like the Dodge ads that wrap round every posted photos... those suck, but are probably generating the most revenue for this domain/site

that ads that really piss me off are the hyperlinked keyword ads that pop up when scrolled over...

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Two penguins, suffering from the senseless loss of polar ice, were visiting China and North Korea as the guests of President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner and Bashir al-Assad. Ban Ki Moon contributed to the South Sudan relief fund, with Queen Elizabeth and Bono, who was suffering from a delayed bout of childhood obesity, came out in favor of everything. Pippa and Kate, Brittany, Lady Gaga and Kim Jung-Eun had no money left in the federal budget because of the greedy 1%, and Sheldon Adelson was cleaning up a superfund site. All of this while flesh-eating bacteria were found by the Mars Curiousity rover, as reported by the Huffington Post. Jimmy Kimmel was on DWTS instead of SNL.

·
Registered
708 Posts
They promised “change” and that is all they have left us – a few pennies. I for one do not see any reason to support them. I would like to keep my left over pennies.
I can't remember Galpin promising change. They only said that they have 2 2011 Evoras.

:mw:

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Two penguins, suffering from the senseless loss of polar ice, were visiting China and North Korea as the guests of President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner and Bashir al-Assad. Ban Ki Moon contributed to the South Sudan relief fund, with Queen Elizabeth and Bono, who was suffering from a delayed bout of childhood obesity, came out in favor of everything. Pippa and Kate, Brittany, Lady Gaga and Kim Jung-Eun had no money left in the federal budget because of the greedy 1%, and Sheldon Adelson was cleaning up a superfund site. All of this while flesh-eating bacteria were found by the Mars Curiousity rover, as reported by the Huffington Post. Jimmy Kimmel was on DWTS instead of SNL.
rotfl

1 - 20 of 23 Posts