The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To minimize the blind spot on the driver's side when changing lanes to the left, I replaced the flat mirror with a convex mirror.

I bought the convex mirror from the UK to get one without any writing on it. Note the piece that is replaced and the difference in images. The old mirror just pops out (with some help from a little screwdriver). I removed my mirror assembly to do it, but I now know that it's not required.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
That is a nice mod.

I got the sector111.com CF mirrors and they are convex on both sides and I really like it a lot. Your mod is a great way to achieve the same thing for stock mirrors.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought it from Stratton Motor Company in Norfolk. Part number is LA111U6046F. They charged me 24.98 pounds plus 7.50 pounds for post and packing. I corresponded with Robert at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Very nice!

I bought a pair of the PepBoys stick-on convex mirrors and don't like them at all.. they're too small to be genuinely useful for anything other than blocking useful parts of the mirror, so they'll probably come off.

THIS, though.. replacing the whole mirror with a perfect-fitting convex glass with no stencilled text.. where can I sign up?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'd like one too, and I don't even have a car yet (maybe in a couple of months).

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Me too....assuming you mean the Stratton part, not the multivex part......

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
There seems to be early interest. Question is whether it would be better to have them made here or order from England? I wonder if local dealer(s) could stock the part?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Add me to the list as well please. Is there also a convex mirror available for the passenger's side? if yes than I'd like one of those also.

·
Registered
180 Posts
NtflBlueLiz said:
Add me to the list as well please. Is there also a convex mirror available for the passenger's side? if yes than I'd like one of those also.
The passenger side mirror is already convex, which is why it says "objects may be closer than they appear". Basically this mod involves buying a second passenger side mirror and putting it on the driver side. If you buy it from the UK where they don't have all the silly litigation (yet) you can get one without the writing on it.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts