The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
another good idea is buying a homelink device from ebay.. all you need to do then is wire in power and a ground and then you can reprogram as you please.. the home link units have 3 buttons and very easily programmable for rolling codes and non rolling codes.

i did this with my smart car, ill get some pics.. but the install was super easy.. power/ground.. and then drill holes to mount the unit.

any of these work;

homelink transmitter in Switches / Controls | eBay

some are for rolling and non rolling, others just non rolling.

i'll post pics of my setup... but this is the DIY i used.

https://plus.google.com/photos/114859849951628660996/albums/5284597343375517313?banner=pwa

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I have the G-door opener hidden in each vehicle we own (except the minivan which has a homelink installed already). There is a small, inconspicuous micro-button placed hidden within reach, soldered to the remote which is completely hidden but still "easily" accessible for battery changes... no drilling... no fancy panels... and best of all for me... no see-um.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just swapped my remote in - works like a charm

Thanks Swinglo! I was able to just swap one of our remotes in for yours. Since we have the link modules in our other cars, we had a spare remote lying around and it was a piece of cake to wire it in to your existing setup.

Much better than the clunky remote that was hanging from my keychain.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts