The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the the cool shirts made by "cool shirt" and ""F.A.S.T. fresh air systems technologies" have compatible fittings? the reason I ask is our lemons car has a "cool shirt" cooler and plumbing in it and I can get a good deal on a "F.A.S.T." shirt. Best I can tell from the photo's the fittings look the same but any off the vendors I've called aren't sure it the plumbing is compatible. thanks in advance if you know the answer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have both and had hopes of using them interchangeably but the connectors on mine are not identical. I like FAST's shirt better - it has more cooling tubes and they seem better located but their foam coolers absolutely suck. Mine leaks and I've heard the same thing from many other people. Cool Shirt's coolers are much better made.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
According to Jill at FAST, it will work, you just need an adapter that they can sell you.

A Cool Shirt will plug into a FAST system.

A FAST shirt will plug into a Cool System with an adapter.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
From my friend Jill at FAST

He can call us for the FAST shirt and also order two FA242 female fittings for the system he has. That way, any shirt will work with it.

847-255-9200 is our office number

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip Randy, I'll give them a call after the holiday. I called 3 different vendors and none of them knew if an adapter was available. That's why I love Lotus Talks you guys always know the answer to my questions no mater how obscure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts