The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the cool shirt port-a-cool system...seems like a relatively cheap way to help keep cool and doesn't involve a full cooler to be mounted in the car. Dont need the extended run time because it will be used for HPDE and time attack. I'm just wondering how well these cool vs the cooler systems. I'd also not like to have to worry about bringing enough ice to keep in the system all day, a simple recharge from a can is much easier. Thinking of one of these for myself and for a fathers day gift. Thanks.

Port-a-Cool System - Cool Shirt

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Anyone use the cool shirt port-a-cool system...seems like a relatively cheap way to help keep cool and doesn't involve a full cooler to be mounted in the car. Dont need the extended run time because it will be used for HPDE and time attack. I'm just wondering how well these cool vs the cooler systems. I'd also not like to have to worry about bringing enough ice to keep in the system all day, a simple recharge from a can is much easier. Thinking of one of these for myself and for a fathers day gift. Thanks.

Port-a-Cool System - Cool Shirt
I'm getting the system Quinn uses, it's the one with the bag - I'll pick up the can too just to see how well it works. I remember when I asked her how it felt, she said initially it was like jumping in a pool of cold water and later worked well to take away the heat...and was still kickin strong for her drive home. Sounds fun!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
any photos of it in the car. I'm thinking for the two drivers I might be better off with the big bag if I go the bag route.
Maybe Q has a pic, if I recall it was just a bag that sat great in the seat belted up. I couldn't figure out how to mount the larger cylinder or box cooler so I think the large bag should work really well.

But I think for karting the cans should work really great...I mean I would have used it yesterday lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts