The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found this link that shows how a Lithuanian sculpted a car onto another using expanding foam.
English Russia Lithuanians and PU-foam
Here's what it looks like when done
and when he started

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Must be related to Leepu from Chop Shop TV rotfl

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Wow :crazyeyes
I'm not sure yet whether or not I like it, but they for sure are creative...

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
same reason why fisker does it. :shrug:
hey hey hey!! watch it :) :p

...was never a fan of his conversions - but the karma is very cool :up:

...any ways- the foam is just form to mold the glass over, kinda they way Rutan built his planes - so if its good enough for world class avaiation... but i agree - would not "overlay" a steel car - kinda silly. but i have a project in mind where this is essentailly the way i would graft something that was not US legal onto a US legal car and modify the chop reform from the orginal panels. finally, once you have the finished mock up, you can allways pull molds and lay up "fresh" parts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow, that is amazing! You may not like the end design but you gotta give him his due credit. There cannot be too many people in this world that could have pulled that off. He probably should get a job at a car manufacturer or somewhere shaping their prototypes.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If people actually start doing this, you guys are going to start seeing some of the worst kit cars ever rolling down the street...

I'd like to see how this stuff holds up after a few thousand miles of bumpy roads.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Holy crap, that's a lot of A-B foam.

I can't imagine sanding that all out. I have some of that in my clam i'm reworking, and i've determined I can't work on it at home. It static sticks EVERYWHERE and leaves nasty pellets that take forever to go away. I'm working with the smallest fraction of what he is, and it already infuriates me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts