The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had issues with the coolant hose rubbing where the shifter attaches to thetransmission.
while installing the radium surge tank, i startedcleaning up the engine bay and noticed that the hose had significant wear. looking to hear from anyone with a similar issue.
for know im going to use duct tape and maybe try and zip tie it, so that it doesnt rest on the shifter.

however i am looking for permanent fix, like silicone hose or maybe im missing a bracket.
please chime in
thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,018 Posts
There is a spot to the left where you have circled in the picture, where the coolant hoses are tied together by zip ties, preventing contact with the shifter cables.

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
A chafed or abraded hose is not an application for duct tape.

Take a piece of larger hose, cut it, wrap it around chafing area, and zip tie it in place.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I've been working as an engine application engineer for a big OEM for many years and I can only shake my head when I look in the engine bay of my Lotus.
There are quite a few thing which I would have never signed off:no:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've been working as an engine application engineer for a big OEM for many years and I can only shake my head when I look in the engine bay of my Lotus.
There are quite a few thing which I would have never signed off:no:
Such as? -Just curious, as it may be something to keep our eye on...:shrug:

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
I went thru the car looking for anything that could chafe, abrade, etc.

So, there are a few pcs of tie-wrapped hose in there, some on plumbing, some on electrical.

This lesson: learned hard way on other cars.

This site is a great source of info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts