The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a little semi dry yellowish (must be coolant, Peak Global in the car) on the driver side bottom service tray. I've not found any drops so must be a very small leak at this point. Car temps are normal and reservoir seems as usual. After cleaning off it came back after a couple drives. It does have the coolant smell. I can also see a little splatter at the top of the drivers side oil cooler viewed from the front air intake. I flushed the coolant about 3 years ago.

If possible, I'd like to rule out the simplest possibilities before committing to a clam off job. I'm hoping for a better look to confirm it's not just the hose and radiator connection and clamp. There is a pre-deliever tsb for the hose/clamp fitting. I'm reluctant to remove the turn signal as I've heard of many breaking the plastic tabs.

If I remove the wheel and wheel well liner will it allow me to view hose to radiator connection?

I know there are many with radiator failures but it's still surprising as most cars have a similiar type radiator. My 2007 Exige S has been garage kept since new.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Yes you can see the whole hose and maybe change it from the wheel well and undertray. Not 100% if you can get at the hose clamps with the clam on.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The undertray only gives a view of the front to rear connection. I'll give it a try removing the wheel well liner.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used a camera probe to look around and it's still difficult to gain a good view. It does appear it could be the hose or hose fitting on the radiator from the driver side. Hoping to diagnose the issue before committing to the clam off job by either a shop or, if I can muster the courage, a diy job. Pretty much everything I do on the car mechanically is my first go at it.

I gave a minor attempt to remove the turn signal but apprehensive after all the broken tab threads I've read. I heard a little disturbing noise when trying to remove so I stopped. Hopefully the tab is still good. For those that have broken the tab, is it immediately loose? Mine still seems fine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
If you have a stock radiator then 99% your end tanks are leaking. It is not a hard job to remove front clam. Just time consuming. Yes 2 people to pull off and out of the way but otherwise not hard. There are many posts on removal just follow and then replace radiator, brake lines etc. Don't be apprehensive you can do it. You might find an old english cigarette half smoked in the process. hahah. Tommy

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have a stock radiator then 99% your end tanks are leaking. It is not a hard job to remove front clam. Just time consuming. Yes 2 people to pull off and out of the way but otherwise not hard. There are many posts on removal just follow and then replace radiator, brake lines etc. Don't be apprehensive you can do it. You might find an old english cigarette half smoked in the process. hahah. Tommy
Ha, ha... Thanks for the vote of confidence! Yes stock radiator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts