The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning a big roadtrip and like to carry a lot of spares. Its my way of never breaking down!:D

I would like to carry some hose sections for the larger and smaller coolant lines.

What size is there in the system? 1.5in, 3/4in?

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,406 Posts
Im planning a big roadtrip and like to carry a lot of spares. Its my way of never breaking down!:D

I would like to carry some hose sections for the larger and smaller coolant lines.

What size is there in the system? 1.5in, 3/4in?
You can look at the hoses to get an idea of size but a lot of them have specific bends that a replacement hose might not work well. The larger hoses go into the frame rails and require dropping the fuel tank if you have to replace that end and cannot splice into them. Might be nice to just take some pipe and clamps to splice if needed?

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I cant recall the hose sizes, but if your looking to buy spares/replacements here is a link to buy them as sets precut and bend.

Coolant hoses

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can look at the hoses to get an idea of size but a lot of them have specific bends that a replacement hose might not work well. The larger hoses go into the frame rails and require dropping the fuel tank if you have to replace that end and cannot splice into them. Might be nice to just take some pipe and clamps to splice if needed?
Yeah thats what I was thinking. Just some generic hose that I can cut and splice with a joiner and clamps.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant recall the hose sizes, but if your looking to buy spares/replacements here is a link to buy them as sets precut and bend.

Coolant hoses

Are there hoses without bleed ports? Im going to replace the radiator soon so might aswell do the front hoses and if im going to vac fill it id rather not have a bleed port that could fail:smile2:

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Are there hoses without bleed ports? Im going to replace the radiator soon so might aswell do the front hoses and if im going to vac fill it id rather not have a bleed port that could fail:smile2:
From what I can see in his pictures, it does have it. It states it is a direct replacement to the stock hoses. You can email him thru his site if you have any other questions. I'm sure Greg can answer it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts