The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to do a write-up on these seats since there doesn't seem to be much info about them out there and I think they're a great option. These seats offer MUCH more support than the OE Probax and have more padding too. It's really tough to find a pair of supportive, reasonably priced seats that fit in this car.

They are only sold in the UK and you have to contact Corbeau US to import them. I paid ~$1700 shipped for the pair and they arrived in 2 weeks.

More info can be found here: LE-X Sports Road. However, Corbeau decided to sabotage themselves and post photos of crappier looking seats on that page than the actual product. See my photos below. They look really high end in person.

Installation is pretty straight forward but you'll have to redrill some holes in the OE mounts to get them to fit. They are angled back quite a bit more than the OE seats, which gives you more head and legroom. I think it's a more comfortable driving position too. I weighed them and forgot the numbers but they were about the same as the OE Probax.

As far as fitment goes, I'm 5'11" with ~31 inch waist and they fit me perfectly. They're even a bit snug - fit is very similar to a (base size) Sparco Circuit or a Recaro Pro Racer Hans. If you are unsure, I highly recommend you try sitting in either of those before ordering these.

Overall I'm really happy with the switch!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Are you using the stock slider for these seats? Do you have pictures of the holes you have to redrill?
Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you using the stock slider for these seats? Do you have pictures of the holes you have to redrill?
Thanks!
Yes, I'm using the stock sliders and mounts. Sorry, no pictures of the holes. It'll be obvious when you line up the mounts to the new seats.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They look nice.

Do you know the weight ? Do they also fit in Elise S1 "out of the box" ?
Sorry, don't remember the exact weight but it was approximately the same as the OE S2 Probax seats, give or take a pound. No idea if they fit the S1; I'm sure Corbeau UK would be able to tell you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We (elise-shop.com) supply these seats but I would like to make some remarks.

These seats are very shallow. I keep telling people to check before actually buying these seats.

Simply take three wooden planks, one horizontal and screw the two other planks on the horizontal one at a distance of 31cm.
Then see if you fit in.. from experience I know a lot of people don't.

I guess you wouldn't want to spend big money on these seats to find our their worthless to you -eek- You can't just say I'll loose some weight as it's the pelvis width which is the restriction.

The other thing is the seatframes...

Vladski mentions redrilling the original seatframes.

I have never tried fitting these seats on the latest version of the seatframes but I know it might turn out to be a little challenging apart from any potential safety issues.

The LE-Pro and LE-X are designed to go on Elise S1 seatframes which is why you would have to modify anything else.
If you are aware of this and want to mod or if you want to buy the seats with S1 seatframes happy days but if you expect them to slot in just like that you might be a little disappointed.

We do offer Elise S1 seatframes (LHD) so we are able to supply the seats as a kit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Installed in my 2008 Elise and love them

Agree with everything posted above. Also, with a seatbelt extender, I'm able to use a harness for race days and the OEM 3-point seat belt for daily driving. Note: If you need to pull the seat all the way up for driving, this seat will rub against the gear shift console. We used a heat gun inside the console to melt the plastic and press it in to make a dent so the seat won't hit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts