The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Spent some time today in the garage getting ready to do some spring cleaning/maintenance on the Lotus. So, in preparation, I moved the '29 Woody off the lift and temporarily put it into the trailer. Then moved the trailer around with the tug.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Spent some time today in the garage getting ready to do some spring cleaning/maintenance on the Lotus. So, in preparation, I moved the '29 Woody off the lift and temporarily put it into the trailer. Then moved the trailer around with the tug.
These kind of posts make me wonder where I went wrong in life... "moved the trailer around with the tug". Awesome.

Cheers,
B

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
These kind of posts make me wonder where I went wrong in life... "moved the trailer around with the tug". Awesome.

Cheers,
B
lol... it needed work (turned out to be simple fuse issues and minor wiring) and wasn't as much $ as you would think.

I only bought it because I wanted to be able to park the trailer adjacent to the garage with the door facing the driveway so that I could use it as another "garage bay" when not being towed.

Unfortunately, with only about 1 1/2' of room on either side of the trailer and 12' in front, I was limited in how to get it parked like that. I couldn't use my truck. The cub cadet wasn't happy pulling it, and trailer "hand movers" were pretty much useless. So, I went with the tug which allows me to pull the trailer in place and then drive the tug around the back of the garage and out of the way.

ps. I don't have any kids ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
So I got the STL file from Rapid lotus and downloaded and printed the oil funnel. @RapidLotus !!!

I installed my homemade carbon fiber under tray.

I tried having my wife help me bleed the brakes and that failed, came out squishier than I started so I hooked my vacuum pump (from said carbon fiber) and then bled w/o her.

I created raised the car Gasp realized I'm old and live in new hampshire. I've had the front damaged 3 times so i'm now at the top of my nitrons and will decide what to do on track days, and I hope I'll grow used to the size gap at my rear fender to wheel.

I made a 3d printed bracket that hooks to the gas pedal to adjust where the return spring hooks up. (my original piece was cracked and I bought a new throttle cable to fix it, but that was before the downtime). I'll make a new thread for that one cause it was fun and might help someone else some day.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did a ton of stuff to get maintenance up to date, plus some new goodies:

• replaced air filter
  • cleaned MAF sensor
  • installed GPAN3 oil pan
  • oil/filter change; Rotella T6/Mobil 1
  • transaxle lube change; Redline MT-90
  • new rotors; DBA 4000 Series slotted
  • new brake pads
  • flushed & bled brake system
  • changed serpentine belt
  • inspected camshafts
  • replaced lift bolts
  • new DIN stereo head unit
  • adjusted pedals for easier heel/toe
  • new Nitron Fast Road NTR coilovers
  • set alignment/ride height
  • re-glassed & painted front spoiler
  • replaced windshield wiper blade
It's a new car to me ('05 Elise, Laser Blue w/ Touring pack) and I'm having the best time learning about the car through disassembly! Have Potenza RE-71Rs, waiting on Rota Torque wheels.

IMG_4834.jpg

IMG_4804.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4891.jpg

·
Registered
306 Posts
@rightrudder. you'll love those nitrons!
And @Krule did you get the sector 111 suspension refresh kit?
No, i spent the last few months planning (pricing) out replacement options. I ordered from a few places.
i wanted to make sure the Penskes have the good supporting hardware to work best, at least that is the theory.
I got the adjustable ball joints, spherical bearings, replacement bolts from else shop.com (taking advantage of the low euro) spitfire tow links form GRP (looking forward to installing this high end unit). shocks form blackwash, drop links and some bolts form s111. And some more bolts form mcmaster (to replace the caliper relocation bracket and bbk bolts).
im going to clean and paint (maybe powder coat?, plating them would be best but more $$$) all the rusty bits I took off, i am enjoying the cleaning process. There is something therapeutic about using a wire rush attachment to a angle grinder on rusty parts...

·
Registered
26 Posts
@rightrudder. you'll love those nitrons!
And @Krule did you get the sector 111 suspension refresh kit?
Yeah, the Nitrons are fantastic! The Penskes of course are the ne plus ultra of coilovers, but for my purposes (95 percent street, with maybe two track days per year) the Nitrons are the ticket! I was worried I might not get quite enough ride height, but at about 133 mm even, I can can get out of my steepish driveway with only minor scraping of the front spoiler. Fun to play with damper settings...I settled on 15 clicks from full hard for the street.

Krule, that's a big job! I echo your thoughts on cleaning...very satisfying. I spent a lot of time detailing out the wheel wells, taking out the liners, exploring all the stuff behind them. There's nothing like total disassembly to get the best reults. If I ever do the A-arm bushings, I'd certainly like to refinish the arms and uprights. Previous owner fitted the DSBrace toe-link fix, and I replaced the spindle bolts all around when setting camber, so I'm getting closer to those track days.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
An oil change in my jammies and slippers courtesy of my new best friend amazon prime. A breathing g engine mod off the door LEDs as trigger.
20200323_193250_1.gif

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sorry, I'm not following this at all. I love LEDs but I don't know what I'm looking at. Looks cool but what are we looking at?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts