The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to cheer myself up a bit, so I went ahead and bought some parts for my car, even though I will not be needing them until next fall. They arrived yesterday from the UK. I ordered them from Pro Alloy and I must say, their service and communication is first class and so is the quality of workmanship. These parts are for when I upgrade to Rev 400, its the Pre Rad for the charge cooler, that fits in place of the A/C condenser, and the fans are puller fans that goes on top of the radiator.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had to cheer myself up a bit, so I went ahead and bought some parts for my car, even though I will not be needing them until next fall. They arrived yesterday from the UK. I ordered them from Pro Alloy and I must say, their service and communication is first class and so is the quality of workmanship. These parts are for when I upgrade to Rev 400, its the Pre Rad for the charge cooler, that fits in place of the A/C condenser, and the fans are puller fans that goes on top of the radiator.

View attachment 1260393 View attachment 1260394
Have fun with the upgrade. I also had a very good experience with ProAlloy. Bought a radiator for my 2007 Elise. Not cheap but reliable overseas shipping service, customer service, and parts.
F4F871AC-30F9-4A8F-B534-CD22D7F44A84.jpeg

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,572 Posts
Everyone knows that their 3 pass rad is the best for Eliges... ( pun Re: old thread debate)

I have puller fans as well with lower rated 170f and other supporting cooling mods. No doubt I run too cool for the streets, but I know the rules of engagement so am certain oil is up to temps before playing. regardless of 3 or single pass,Prorad are a solid improvement in many departments. Jealous about Rev400!

I may or may not ever go to the next level beyond Torque 300 with my car anytime soon. I have other hobbies unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
I installed Pro-Alloys charge cooler kit on my Exige. It also allowed me to keep the A/C condenser. I did my buying earlier this week and enjoyed the strong dollar; 1.168 per GBP. Picked up some new suspension goodies for the Cup-R from EliseParts. Noticed today that it is back up to 1.23. Wish I had purchased the Cup-R when the dollar was that strong.

Later,
Eldon

Attachments

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Eldon,
I dont know if the Exige is different than the Elise as far as room for the fans under the vents on the clam, but just measuring it seems to me that the whole assembly, radiator and pre rad, need to be dropped about an inch. Please let me know if you run into any problems with that.

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Hi Eldon,
I dont know if the Exige is different than the Elise as far as room for the fans under the vents on the clam, but just measuring it seems to me that the whole assembly, radiator and pre rad, need to be dropped about an inch. Please let me know if you run into any problems with that.
Nope, everything fit under the shroud without having to change anything.

Later,
Eldon

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Eldon, just went and checked again. It may just fit, time will tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts