The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MW,
Great! I caught only part of the TV ad that said something about Lotus being there...not sure if a Lotus is racing or being exhibited. Do you know if any Elises will be either racing or in the car show?

-Mark

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
They have a corral at the show. Not sure how you get into that. As far as racing Loti, I've seen many elans at the track before. Only old cars will be out racing, as it is a historics race, similar to Monterey.

Edit: One of the best testarossa races I ever saw was at Coronado.

Mostly, you'll see lots of old american racers. Pretty fun to watch!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Elans and Type 23's, most definitely. Some really wonderful cars show up, from Lolas, to Panteras to Ginettas (Ginetta - one of my favorites !)

See you there ? I will probably go on the Sunday, how about everyone else ? Maybe we can meet up...

Mike G.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
There's going to be a Lotus corral, at least if the past couple of years are any indication. Last year of course it was mostly Esprits, with one or two Europas (very cool!) and an Elan or two, oh also Dan's Sport 190 S1 Elise was there two years ago. This year, hopefully at least a few Fed Elises will be there as well.

I'll be there on Sunday, in the morning and afternoon at least.

Will check back in here later today, maybe we can hookup at the race via cel phone ?

See you there ! Mike

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'm driving down with another friend, not sure when we're planning to get there but will know more tomorrow or tonight. Probably around 9 - 9:30 AM or so on Sunday, I'm guessing. We could meet up at the Lotus corral area ?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
somebody take lots of pix!!!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Reports and pics for those of us that could not go????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts