The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
I have heard both eh-leece and eh-leeze.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Some people say "ay-leese" too.

The correct pronunciation is down to an Italian called Romano Artioli. The car's named after his granddaughter - he owned Bugatti and Lotus during project M111 (which became the elise).

Craigy

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I used to pronounce it e-lease but since watching / listening to the Top Gear videos and the official Elise video, seems the more correct is pronunciation is "eh-leaze".

·
Registered
120 Posts
EH!!! As a Canadian, i'm real confused with all this "eh" stuff. No-one up here calls it an "A" lease. :)

You really want to mess with non-car folks, pronounce it "ee-leeze-eh" (with a french accent)

·
Registered
471 Posts
I like the way this fellow pronounces it: (I must have watched this video about 50 times while waiting for good weather to pick up my Ardent Red a few months ago!)

·
Registered
742 Posts
I pronounce it eh-Leeze

·
Registered
124 Posts
Now there's a guy who REALLY loves his car

Look at the little pieces of material on the sills to stop him scuffing the tread plates when he gets out

I thought I was bad, but I'm not THAT bad!

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
EH!!! As a Canadian, i'm real confused with all this "eh" stuff. No-one up here calls it an "A" lease. :)

You really want to mess with non-car folks, pronounce it "ee-leeze-eh" (with a french accent)
I would not be surprised at any European saying that way, or ee-lease-ah.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts

Look at the little pieces of material on the sills to stop him scuffing the tread plates when he gets out

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, because he has a CALIFORNIA edition. Those will start bringing 7 figures soon at Barrett Jackson!!

·
Registered
40 Posts

Didn't you shell out for new sill covers? Oh, and are you going to Chatsworth meet on 8th July? 44 Lotus booked in so far, i noticed musicman is on the list...:panic:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts