1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Less is Better
2,385 Posts
I can't understand why, more than a month after it's release, there are still no full road test reviews on the C8. This is extremely bizarre. The closest I've seen is a video of Jay Leno driving one at idle around a parking lot.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,155 Posts
They announced the convertible and C8R a few weeks after the release of info on the coupe. What's the hoopla of this "new" release?

For $7,500 and no clear engine cover, I'll keep the manual which has the same opening space when you take the panel off.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I was at the Convertible Reveal event yesterday at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. It was an interesting event and I am not a Corvette fan but they do look nice, you can take down the top at 30 MPH, and it looks very clean. You completely loose the posibility of a clear engine cover because the top stores on TOP of the engine, not in front or behind.

Attachments

·
Registered
767 Posts
Also a few pictures of the C8R

Attachments

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
the C8R spoiler/wing could be spotted in the C8 config tool on Chevy's site... and now we have the option of taking the panel off yourself! or, for an extra "line" and no view of the engine, the car will drop the top itself!

... i prefer the coupe... and ability to see the engine

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nicer looking than the coupe, but I'm not a fan of the interior color scheme.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can't understand why, more than a month after it's release, there are still no full road test reviews on the C8. This is extremely bizarre. The closest I've seen is a video of Jay Leno driving one at idle around a parking lot.
There is an embargo until 10/16/19, I'm sure after that everyone will get their fill of C8 road tests!

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
The TST video (from this week) in this thread talks about this. When they were doing their PCOTY shoot-out, the software wasn't finalized on their C8 and the particular car they drove was just barely not a pilot car. Expect the gross details of the early reviews to be right, but also expect a lot of refinement in the first three months of production - sounds like they're hurrying things a bit.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
He says he can't talk abut his impressions until 10/16

·
Less is Better
2,385 Posts

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We saw these at Petit LeMans this weekend. Fun cars, a bit cheaply built but these are first runs.

The good news. That grey race versions has AWESOME sound when they got on it at conclusion of fan walk. My son and I both felt it reminiscent of an F1 car before the turbos ruined their sound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts