The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow...that's much cheaper than I was quoted from a Lotus dealer for the part. They quoted me at $350 for the regulator and $493 for the motor...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone ever replaced a window motor? Just wondering how hard it is and how long it would take. I've had the window insert off and saw the motor...just not sure how to reach all of the connections.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Has anyone ever replaced a window motor? Just wondering how hard it is and how long it would take. I've had the window insert off and saw the motor...just not sure how to reach all of the connections.
I converted my manual to power windows. it gets tight in there when working on the small stuff(nuts and bolts). best done with a lot of patience and a six pack..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The motor is completely dead. Yeah, there's pretty much zero room to work. That's why I'm hesitant. I'm modestly handy, but very little patience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my new window motor today thanks to MyLotusGarage. Can the motor be removed from the regulator assembly? I just need the motor, but I'm not sure why the motor and regulator come together...?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts