The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might need a new radiator and some body work, how much might I be looking at if I were to buy this car? I'd like to keep repairs under $1,000.00. Is this possible?

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's one ugly Lotus!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Definitely needs a new front clam.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Might need a new radiator and some body work, how much might I be looking at if I were to buy this car? I'd like to keep repairs under $1,000.00. Is this possible?
I do body and paint work (on the side) as it is one of my hobby's. I can tell you that you are well over $1000 for any "respectable" job to put the body back together and paint it.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
I'm pretty sure the chassis is bent on that Lotus so I would have to say it is totalled! :D

Seriously, if that Saturn is anything like the POS Ion my wife owned they should pay you $1,000 to take it from them. I say forget about this car and there is no way it can be fixed properly for $1,000 or less.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Is that a test mule for the Lotus Evoramera?

Great camouflage... looks like a Saturn at first glance.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
:shrug:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's one ugly Lotus!
Yeah it's a poor man's Lotus. ;-)

I do body and paint work (on the side) as it is one of my hobby's. I can tell you that you are well over $1000 for any "respectable" job to put the body back together and paint it.
What if I just wanted it to drive and be street legal, and didn't worry about the appearance? Still screwed?

I'm pretty sure the chassis is bent on that Lotus so I would have to say it is totalled! :D

Seriously, if that Saturn is anything like the POS Ion my wife owned they should pay you $1,000 to take it from them. I say forget about this car and there is no way it can be fixed properly for $1,000 or less.
Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
About the same as this...

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah it's a poor man's Lotus. ;-)

What if I just wanted it to drive and be street legal, and didn't worry about the appearance? Still screwed?

Thanks for the advice.
If you are not worried about appearance, buy some new headlights, throw out the hood and tape up the bumper. You might want to check with your states DMV to see if the hood is necessary for operation of the vehicle.

·
Registered
531 Posts
This is a poor man's Lotus. A Saturn is not.

Attachments

·
Disingenuous Minion
637 Posts
Just buy a $1000 car that isn't wrecked. Same as this piece of sh*t.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
$ 3421.73

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
+1

Hello and welcome to Lotus talk. Great first post
...........also nice Lotus........must be the pre-Evora version

·
Registered
171 Posts
dude, wtf?

is this the first car forum you stumbled upon or what?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hidden tub damage totalled mine.. can we get a few pictures of the underside?rotfl

1 - 20 of 27 Posts