The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...back in the eighties i can remember a sense of wonder while visiting wholesale clubs, their merchandise so remarkably discounted and quirky to boot...

...today, even ten years ago, you'd be hard-pressed to find anything in a wholesale club significantly cheaper or more exotic than you can at a discount retailer like target or wal-mart...i think the main commodity wholesale clubs sell these days is the illusion of exclusive frugality; it's more about marketing an image than anything particularly remarkable...

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Remember that all walmarts have different prices.
They are set just low enough to beat nearby stores, maybe.
They had great prices here until they gave up and bought the local discount store.
Suddenly all their prices jumped way up.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i bought a lot of those. They are good. That's what costco does. when something sells well and people like it, they stop carrying it. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I hate how you can get certain Costco products at some of their stores and not others. They always sell the bulk Asian food products not at my Costco. :(
And per another thread, cilantro dammit, I need bulk cilantro.

·
Registered
269 Posts
why did they remove it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No idea. And I used to work at the central office for 6 years. Lol.

I used to get jealous when I'd help set up items in the system for California warehouses and see that its something like Captain Morgan. :( We can't buy liquor outside of state run stores here in Washington. Although, Costco is fighting a winning battle in reversing prohibition era laws :D

As for the deals... your typical daily items may be average in terms of cost but for the most part whatever you're getting is usually of higher quality for the same price of a generic or store branded item. T

he only food item i've ever liked from Walmart over Costco is the beef jerky. Jack Links is way better than the Oberto stuff. However, Costco did have Kobe Beef Jerky but that was only for a little while. :( Probably since no one wanted to pay $20 a bag. lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts