The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with a GM at a dealership recently but I wont reveal who cause he has been great to work/talk with and I dont want him fielding angry phonecalls all day so dont ask.

But he said currently that dealers in the US cannot turn in specific/spec'd cars cause Lotus doesnt have the infrastructure to do this yet. He said all the cars that have been delivered so far to people early on is because of random luck(ie-the car that Lotus randomly sent to each dealer happened to match the order of a early deposit holder).

This doesnt completely make sense cause why would Lotus randomly send cars to dealerships?. Even the dealerships specify their demos dont they?. Also, many current owners have received the exact car they ordered, but......it might explain why there are so called "phantom cars" available also. Could also explain why people at position #6 are getting cars before position 1-5...could it also explain why some people are getting slight variations from their order(ie-getting touring pack added and such?) and most just accept it.

Not trying to start an Oliver Stone JFK conspiracy here but kinda an interesting theory.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
maybe true for galpin :)D) since they're late to the game, but it's not true for the rest of the dealerships

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Naw...I think they (Lotus UK) just have a really messed up ordering & production tracking system and didn't care enough to get it right or care enough to follow any list they were provided with.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I think Lotus WAS provided with a list of customer-spec'd cars, but then hung it on the pub wall and threw darts at it to decide which cars to build first. ;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
atyclb said:
maybe true for galpin :)D) since they're late to the game, but it's not true for the rest of the dealerships

You said it Bono, not me!...:)....Im pleading the 5th or temp. insanity or something like that on this one....:)...out of curiousity, how many times have you seen U2 live???

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Just!!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Matheny has gotten their first two cars in order and their demo as ordered, so if this is true it's only for certain dealers- not all.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
seems like you've been in the front row for all 11 concerts. Are you friends with Bono yet? How much for a first row & center ticket.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
shay2nak said:
seems like you've been in the front row for all 11 concerts. Are you friends with Bono yet? How much for a first row & center ticket.
nah, I was only absolutely front and center that once. Very close a few other times though.

That ticket cost me $45.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the more cars that come in, the more we hear the car didnt quite come as ordered...hmmm???...can Lotus really be that inept that they cannot even get the order right???...this has happened quite abit....not starting any conspiracy theories here but its just abot odd, thats all.

·
Registered
401 Posts
That ones an award winner and very original. I'd go beyond saying "I don't think it's true". But it is funny, so I'll give you credit for the chuckle it created.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts