The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Noooooo!!! Tell me that's NOT THE EAGLE!!!

Looks like a duck-billed ELISE!!!!

I think it's just a fake though. There's always fakes floating around when a new car is about to be released.
This is just the clay model but nonetheless the real deal.

And until you've actually seen it in person, don't knock it just yet as it really is a beautiful car.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Qwack!!!!

Could you blow this up a little, both literally and figuritively?!?!

Fugly.

Good news is that I don't think Lotus would let this magazine show a picture of the real car before their faceless people website or prior to the show.

It looks like the mag crossed an Elise with that new Lotus Matchbox car out now.

Can I get my Eagle deposit back now?!?! But the dealership went under like a Midwestern bank, so is my Eagle deposit FDIC insured??? I feel so bad for some people that lost money in the banks. That is just not right!!! But that is for another thread.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Qwack!!!!

Could you blow this up a little, both literally and figuritively?!?!

Fugly.

Good news is that I don't think Lotus would let this magazine show a picture of the real car before their faceless people website or prior to the show.

It looks like the mag crossed an Elise with that new Lotus Matchbox car out now.

Can I get my Eagle deposit back now?!?! But the dealership went under like a Midwestern bank, so is my Eagle deposit FDIC insured??? I feel so bad for some people that lost money in the banks. That is just not right!!! But that is for another thread.

I'm actually surprise also that this pictured got leaked out and if it wasn't authorized by Lotus than someone is going to be in deep waters...

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
They were smart to go with the M250 influence, as even if I never understood it, that car had the most buzz Lotus has enjoyed in recent times. I'm looking forward to the real pics and details.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Hmmm. Looks nice but doesn't ignite the "GOTTA HAVE IT" feeling. (At least based on the small picture).

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Pic comparison with M250 model

Nice compare

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I thought that the M250's intake shape matching the side window was a big reason that the car looked so good. Still, I like the "Eagle".

My guess is that this is the new car- many details match up with the spy shots.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I thought that the M250's intake shape matching the side window was a big reason that the car looked so good. Still, I like the "Eagle".

My guess is that this is the new car- many details match up with the spy shots.
Hmmm... it doesn't look like the lights and scoops in the front grill (behind the bra openings) line up with anything on the magazine cover...

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmm... it doesn't look like the lights and scoops in the front grill (behind the bra openings) line up with anything on the magazine cover...
That's because the lights on the prototype car were faux (stickers/ dumbies) to throw off the mags

1 - 20 of 88 Posts