The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I might be crazy, but I can't get the velcro'd hard top cover panels to stay on the car. The panels themselves have a vertical strip of velcro, whereas the hard top has a horizontal strip. Is it possible that the velcro was installed incorrectly on the covers?

Thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nope, mine is installed that way. You are probably having issues with how far the bracket sticks out. Try loosening the bracket a little and pushing it against the hardtop while you tighten. It also helps to put the cover panel in place and kind of give it a good thump with a closed fist to get the Velcro to stick.

Corvus

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey guys,

I might be crazy, but I can't get the velcro'd hard top cover panels to stay on the car. The panels themselves have a vertical strip of velcro, whereas the hard top has a horizontal strip. Is it possible that the velcro was installed incorrectly on the covers?

Thanks
Mine are that way too. I think it's a factory screw up. I bought some velcro from home depot and cut two small strips to flank the vertical one and stuck it to the covers. That way I had a full horizontal strip. Sticks waaaay better. That's Lotus QC for ya.....

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Agree. The Velcro attachments are a poorly executed design afterthought. If it is an issue you'll just have to find a way to make it better...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Leave them off, they're just extra weight in a place where you can't see them anyway.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Leave them off, they're just extra weight in a place where you can't see them anyway.
I agree with this also.

At first I wanted the trimmed look of the panels. Now I don't even notice they're not there. I'm tall, and the front panel slightly reduces my forward view so I usually leave that off too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mine are the same way. My passenger side one comes loose every now and then and I just stick it back up there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts