The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Elise - completely stock

Dealership performed the "drain holes in the HVAC floor" recall/TSB and now my windshield washer does not work. Could they have caused this problem when drilling the holes?

FYI they also snapped off the oil cooler fittings when attempting the oil cooler line recall, and also lost the door panel that was sitting on the front passenger seat and tried to charge me for a new one.

FOD - need I say more? Just want to know how much to push them to fix it when I KNOW it was working when I brought the car in.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
where the heck are you and who is the Lotus dealer?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wow.... what a shame. I never had any problems when I got the recall done in my '05 Elise. They do excellent service where I am at. Keep pushing them until they fix it under no cost or at least talk to the GM of the dealership.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... just trying to determine how likley it is that they caused the problem... like if the washer is under the seat (which I know it is not!) and the HVAC drain holes are in the front - it wouls seem unlikely the dealer aused the problem.

This recall continues to go wrong. After setting up everything I wanted looked at while at the dealership, the guy I was working with leaves the company. Fortunately I have the emails we swapped, but the dealership is not honoring the prices the past employee gave me. So what started out as an $825 service request is now over $1800 - and growing!

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
washer problem

:shrug:
Most likely the problem with the washers is not connected to the holes in the pan being drilled. I would check the filter on the washer pump. They tend to get slimely and plug up stopping the washer fluid from being pumped out. Its a easy clean and the pump is up high under the access panels on the hood. Mine has clogged a couple of times on me and I just cleaned the filter to fix.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I had recall done by FOD and was not happy. They did not save the old parts I asked them to. Rental car was rip off. Getting them to order parts and they got the wrong ones

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just got an email from then after requesting to speak to a GM...

"I just went to your car and tried the windshield washer. It worked fine. The wiper streaks a little, but the washer was working fine. Not sure if there is an intermittent failure? With it working, there’s no reason to try tracing the issue, since it’s not present now."

NOT HAPPY!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
did they finally get the recall done properly on the oil lines? You said "attempted". They nearly charged you for a door panel THEY removed? Or you removed?
The washer would not bother me too much - something an owner can troubleshoot... probably not them anyway.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did say "attempted"... They snapped off the fittings and had to replace the cooler too.

It all started 4 months ago when I first contacted the dealership regarding the oil line recal. After MANY attempts to get them to respond I finally set up an appointment for 1/20. I had detailed email of what I wanted done... Oil line recall, shifter recall, ECU re-flash, oil change, and repair/replacement of my passenger window regulator. The service advisor sent me pricing for the oil change $120, and the window regulator $331 installed.

Due to the hour drive to the dealership, and the fact they don't give loner cars, he assured me if I dropped the car off on Friday, they would have it ready by cob Monday. Dropped it off on Friday, and find out the service advisor quit 2 days prior. Went over all service with the new guy and left. I called Monday afternoon and was told "they noticed some corrosion" on the oil cooler so they had to order a new one... Great. I called on Friday and they just got the oil cooler "30 minutes prior to my call" and went over other items they recommended... Break/clutch flush, coolant flush, and air filter. Knowing he history of huge car, they seemed reasonable so I agreed. They called on Monday 1/27 and said the car was ready for pickup... I asked the advisor to email me the service order. Reviewed and the only thing they did was the oil change and recalls. I emailed the advisor and was told at I had refused all work... When I reminded him of the phone conversation we had where I authorized the additional maintenance items, he said he wanted it in writing. He then sent me an estimate and the $331 window regulator fix was now going to cost $845 because "prices must have gone up over the new year". I even showed them the emai from the prior guy and they wouldn't honor it... All this after telling me the cost to replace my door panel - when it was sitting in the front seat, and that the washer nosel didn't work... And then did.

This is my 2nd interaction with this dealership ever... First when they tried to sell me an Elise that has a mouse infestation they didn't disclose, and now. 0 for 2. I don't trust them at all... And will probably drive to Albuquerque for any additional work.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...oh and I had removed the door panel to peek at he regulator... But it was in the front seat of a microscopic sports car! How do you not see that?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I did say "attempted"... They snapped off the fittings and had to replace the cooler too.

. I called Monday afternoon and was told "they noticed some corrosion" on the oil cooler so they had to order a new one...

According to my dealer, Lotus knows that the fittings snap off 90% of the time during the oil line fix, and provide 1 (or 2) new coolers to be used as-needed during the repair. I hope they didn't charge you for it.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Send those e-mails to Lotus USA...they will set them straight! Change of staffing is on their dime! It is still a bad reflection on Lotus USA...and they don't want that. Then tell them to set it up in Albuquerque if you still don't think you will get the pampering you should get after that fiasco.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
According to my dealer, Lotus knows that the fittings snap off 90% of the time during the oil line fix, and provide 1 (or 2) new coolers to be used as-needed during the repair. I hope they didn't charge you for it.
No, they didn't charge me for the cooler... It just added a week to the shop time. I just don't even like the way they told me... "They noticed some corrosion..." Based on what I know and have heard about them... They would not have lifted a finger 'for a Lotus'. I am sure they snapped off the fittings and said 'oh crap' now we have to fix this.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I do not think he asking to be pampered. Just basic service. I had recall done at FOD and the were disinterested in servicing Lotus cars. I had some new parts put on and asked for the old they did not give them to me. When I picked up car I asked to buy some parts they said person that handles lotus is not here no one can help you. I call and ordered parts and they got the wrong ones

·
Registered
265 Posts
The fittings corrode, very common. I don't know what this guy wants from Lotus. The Dealers can only order parts once a week or they charge you for shipping. It's just part of ownership. Do a search and read up about the oil line recall. Sounds like he wants something for free. The washers are not related. Most dealers do the recall without taking the clam off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts