The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

About 700 miles on the odometer and have a couple of newbie questions.

There seems to be a fair amount of vibration that comes through the pedals, especially between shifts. Is this normal? Is there a way to dampen a bit or is this just a lotus thing?

Under acceleration I sometimes here a light clacking/ticking sound. Are these the fuel injectors or possibly valve train noise? Is it normal?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Your clutch will take a few thousand miles to settle in. If revs aren't spot on matched, the light flywheel transmits everything.
Brakes are rock smooth. I f not and your car sat outside a while, get it up to 100+ and do several firm consistent decelerations to heat up the pads and rotors and burn off oxidation etc.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
One of the first things I noticed was some vibration in the clutch pedal. Got better.

Says something that you can even hear the light sounds in the engine. Or that we can criticize the sound system. Or that I noticed some wind noise.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
It took quite a while for me to be one with the clutch on this car.
In normal mode, ther gas is not responsive enough relative to clutch so i was constantly engaging at inadequate rpms (less than ~1500). That caused chatter. When new I resisted using sport mode just because II didn't "need" it. However, as time marched on, I started using sport mode because its easier to get the rpms up as that strong clutch engages. It is finally second nature. Unless you've been in "hyper" race cars before with racing or at least HD clutches, the Evora has a very crisp, quick uptake. Baby it and you'll get chatter. Watch your tach engage ~1500rpm and make sure you don't allow a big dip in revs during takeoff. Hope that helps.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks brgelise, much appreciated! Though just to be clear I don't have the chatter problem that you are describing and that I believe I've read about in another thread.

Mine is purely a buzzing type vibration primarily in-between shifts.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Anyone have a remedy for the "buzzy" vibration in the clutch pedal in-between shifts? For me, it's only when I hustle the car and get the revs up to 5K plus.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys,

About 700 miles on the odometer and have a couple of newbie questions.

There seems to be a fair amount of vibration that comes through the pedals, especially between shifts. Is this normal? Is there a way to dampen a bit or is this just a lotus thing?

Under acceleration I sometimes here a light clacking/ticking sound. Are these the fuel injectors or possibly valve train noise? Is it normal?

Thanks!
In regards to "Under acceleration I sometimes here a light clacking/ticking sound. Are these the fuel injectors or possibly valve train noise? Is it normal?", I also had a clacking/ticking sound under acceleration and steering left in my Evora 2011 back last summer. I brought it to the shop and they noticed some loose bolts!! Enough to prematurely replace the two back tires. Not sure if yours is related but wanted to share this just in case.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Yeah, I do remembe feeling/hearing the same vibrations/sounds on my 2010... As a matter of fact, my clutch had experienced major problems by 6k miles and was ultimately replaced under warranty. I have since had no issues with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts