1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I doubt that trunk organizer is official Lotus mdse. And it has velcro on the bottom, so it sticks to the carpet. AVOID that stuff -- it'll rip the fibers out of your carpet each time you remove it.

The gel pads used to be available at Radio Shack. Interesting stuff, tho I wouldn't count on it too much. And you have to clean the pads periodically -- as they get dirty, they lose their stickiness.

·
Registered
653 Posts
sticky pads

I love using the sticky pads in the aluminum storage rack below the dashboard. Without the pad everything slides back and forth with each turn (even when I am not pulling a 1-g turn). As far a cleaning is concerned, I simply wipe with distilled water.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pinmagic...definitely NOT official Lotus merchandise, but who really cares??

I'll take my chance with the velcro and the carpet. I prefer to not have stuff banging around in the trunk. Hmmm, the tool kit has velcro...:eek:

The sticky jell pads on the aluminum does wonders to not only protect this area from scratches, but does a decent job of keeping things from sliding back and forth.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Make sure the hold-all isn't too tall for the Elise trunk. Not much height back there!

As for the tool kit -- funny thing. I have NO idea why there's velcro on it. The battery cover has a pocket on the side for the tool kit -- it fits there perfectly, no velcro needed. (And the owner's manual fits in the slot on top of the battery compartment.)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
JLElise said:
Here's a couple of toys to make life a little easier with our Elise:

Gas Filler Bib: http://www.autoxpressions.com/gasbib.html

...more to come as I find 'em...
AutoExpressions charged my credit card weeks ago, but never shipped the item. Now, I suspect they may have been displaced by Rita, but they had weeks to ship before then, and never did.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
pinmagic said:
As for the tool kit -- funny thing. I have NO idea why there's velcro on it. The battery cover has a pocket on the side for the tool kit -- it fits there perfectly, no velcro needed.
I think the Velcro is to close the tool kit - although I find it fits in it's holder better when it isn't evenly closed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not trying to thread hijack

But was wondering about the tool kit. Mine seems to be missing one item (there's a slot in the kit, but no tool) and I wanted to see what others had in their kits. I have the tow hook, wheel lock, and two allen wrenches (one large, one small). So, I have 5 pockets in the kit and only 4 tools. Am I in fact missing an item?

BTW, it came from the dealer like that.

·
Registered
813 Posts
wjb said:
But was wondering about the tool kit. Mine seems to be missing one item (there's a slot in the kit, but no tool) and I wanted to see what others had in their kits. I have the tow hook, wheel lock, and two allen wrenches (one large, one small). So, I have 5 pockets in the kit and only 4 tools. Am I in fact missing an item?

BTW, it came from the dealer like that.
I think that's the way it is unless mine is missing a tool as well. If you have a hardtop which comes with another allen wrench, you can put it in the extra pocket. I did.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Forget the lotus kit. I packed a softsided tool bag and placed it behind the driver's seat. When I think I will need it I also pack my torque wrench. I prefer using t-handled allen wrenches and rachets when possible (keeps my carpal tunnel syndrome under control)

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
pinmagic said:
The gel pads used to be available at Radio Shack. Interesting stuff, tho I wouldn't count on it too much. And you have to clean the pads periodically -- as they get dirty, they lose their stickiness.
RS still sells 'em...and there is a jumbo size too...I lined both cubbies at the front of the frame rails, and the alloy tray. Makes the car quieter...and things don't fly out of the side cubbies like before. Easy scissor project, leaves no residue if you change your mind.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
pinmagic said:
AutoExpressions charged my credit card weeks ago, but never shipped the item. Now, I suspect they may have been displaced by Rita, but they had weeks to ship before then, and never did.
Mine just arrived. Not the best customer service there, going on five weeks without so much as a "sorry it's taking a while".

That, and it doesn't really fit the bill -- what exactly would this protect against? It's not long enough to cover the 'lip' of the bodywork where the gas pump hits it. Meh..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts