The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Major EDIT: I have to apologize for making a real mess of this. I have a bunch of PMs, posts here, and emails, and it wasn't even clear what I was selling in the first place. Let me try to fix this..

I have THREE car covers. One is an outdoor cover that fits fine. The other two are fabric (indoor) covers. The indoor covers are not waterproof, but they're very soft -- just the thing to slip over a freshly-waxed garaged Elise to keep dust/cats/evil spirits off. The problem is that they're too tight. They did fit over my '05 federal Elise, but they were cutting off the circulation. My advice would be to cut some relief slits in the hem, or accept an exceedingly tight cover. I don't want anyone to get one and have the same reaction than I did: "These are too damn tight." Forewarned, right? Each cover was used exactly once.

The outdoor cover and ONE of the indoor covers are spoken for by San Diegan larez2. I hope there are no hard feelings, since I wasn't very clear about Local Sales Preferred.

That leaves one indoor too-tight cover, which I will now offer for $50, which includes shipping anywhere in the continental US. If you want this one indoor soft cover, post to this thread with "I'll take it!". Then I'll PM you my paypal address. Please do not PM or private email unless you have questions and are not claiming it. The first such post to this thread has 'dibs'.

Sorry about all this.. I'm a slow learner, but I have to say Paypal and USPS shipping are much easier than I thought..

------------------------------------------

The picture is under-exposed, but it tells a story:

All I wanted was a nice indoor dust-cover for the Elise. Soft blue fabric to cover my dozen coats of Zaino from the ravages of indoor dust and pollen.

Cover-Zone sells custom-fitted car covers, and had one listed for the Elise 111R. Excellent. Only the fit was REALLY tight. Too tight. I discussed it with them, and they decided it must have been stitched wrong, and sent me a replacement. That would be the second blue cover in the picture, just as tight as the first, unfortunately. Can't get it on without manhandling your plinth.

Throwing up their hands, they sent an outdoor cover instead. Nylon fabrick instead of blue felt. This one was a winner -- fit like a glove. A good glove, too.. not one that would be so tight as to cut off your blood circulation.

Only I rarely used it because I didn't want to get it dirty, right? Now it's preserved in excellent condition for someone else to enjoy. Or envision enjoying. Whatever.

$40 for the one that fits, assuming I can cram it into a USPS box. Or San Diego pickup.

I intend to use the blue ones as painter drop cloths, but it occurs to me that they might fit a euro-shaped earlier generation Elise? The mind boggles.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't shipped anything in years, so I have to brush up on my USPS box sizes and costs.. stand by.

Who would have thought that out of all 10 "For Sale" posts, it's the damn Car Cover that gets all these PMs. Egad. Buy my Touring Wheels and I'll throw all three covers in for free!

Failing that, jlj3394: Your PM was first. I'll have my people call your people.

·
Registered
248 Posts
"I'll take it!".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.