The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my clear bra off the front end today that ended just behind the headlights and covered the entire front of the car in clear bra. Everything from the doors forward. One piece, no seams. You really can't tell it's there since there are no seams. Even did the access panels and behind the front tires. It was one huge piece of 55" clear bra and we custom modified the pattern to not have to have any seam to cover all the way back to the doors. If anyone orders the full coverage front from my website, I'll do it the same way.

I'd take a picture, but there is literally nothing to see since there are no seams. You can't even tell it has paint protection film on it. I'm loving it.

Figured I'd share my excitement. This is the first one I've done covering the entire front end. Now my car is over 50% covered in paint protection and looks like a brand new car. Here's to another 46K miles of it looking new! :shift:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
It doesn't have any seams, does it ?? -poke- Everyone will be begging for pictures.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't have any seams, does it ?? -poke- Everyone will be begging for pictures.
Nope! lol. Goes all the way to the windshield in one piece.

·
Registered
470 Posts
ok SDD how much if i drive my ass there for you to do that? that is awesome. I would say show it, but like you said the idea is that you cant see it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
How will you remove the front access panels?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Do you think you could do the rear clam that way too? I think it would be cool to do that so no bird droppings, contaminants, etc could damage the paint.

Also - the star shield Lotus puts on over here at the port seems to have ripples and wrinkles in it --- how does yours compare?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
How will air get through the radiator???

xtn

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok SDD how much if i drive my ass there for you to do that? that is awesome. I would say show it, but like you said the idea is that you cant see it.
$1,200.

How will you remove the front access panels?
the same way you do now. They are their own piece. You don't even notice they are covered since it goes to the edges. There is just no seam running across above the headlights. I can also provide these pieces and the ones behind the front tires separate.

Do you think you could do the rear clam that way too? I think it would be cool to do that so no bird droppings, contaminants, etc could damage the paint. Me? No. Fortunately there is one guy better than me- my partner. :) And yes, it would cost a bit but he can do it. He did the first Audi R8's in the country and designed the pattern for them and has done lots of custom work including the entire front of a Jaguar XJ220 that no kit exists for, custom molded Porsches, etc.

Also - the star shield Lotus puts on over here at the port seems to have ripples and wrinkles in it --- how does yours compare?
Mine doesn't have that. You'll also be able to get it off when you want to get it off. Feel free to check it out in person at LOG. That has more to do with installation than with the film, but some films (mine in particular) are easier to install than others. (it's much stretchier, stronger, and less penetratable- I've proved it several times with the stretch till you break it test, and the punch a key through it test, its MUCH stronger on both) The 3M film shows more of that. We don't do 3M on black cars because of it.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How will air get through the radiator???

xtn
haha. Well it has edges, just like the car has body lines. It just doesn't have any seams running across any areas of the car without a natural edge.

·
Registered
821 Posts
That's awesome. I wish there was a place here I could trust to do the install. I think it'd be worth it for sure! Protect my baby! You should do the entire car!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's awesome. I wish there was a place here I could trust to do the install. I think it'd be worth it for sure! Protect my baby! You should do the entire car!
Get a few people in your area that want it and I'll make a road trip out of it. :)
Or I can send you the stuff and tell you how to install it if you want to save about $600. It's really not very hard.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so it's $600 for the entire piece to cover the entire front?
Correct. It will cover everything from the doors and windshield forward. A custom made pattern precision cut by a computer.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
how much

could you provide only for the access panels and if so how much for those........+1 for the whole front end

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
could you provide only for the access panels and if so how much for those........+1 for the whole front end
Yes. They are on my site here:
Chuforia graffix

They are not on my site but I can also get the panel behind the front tire, perhaps after LOG and my move I'll do a group buy on them. They are $80

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I bet it would be complex - esp on an Exige - but I would love to see a rear clam protective film. I can't see that happening without some kind of seams but perhaps if done strategically (in existing seams) it would be cool.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bet it would be complex - esp on an Exige - but I would love to see a rear clam protective film. I can't see that happening without some kind of seams but perhaps if done strategically (in existing seams) it would be cool.
You would have to have a couple seams or reliefs. But if anyone can do it, it's my partner. He is seriously amazing. He did a Porsche with a custom molded splitter, etc in a one piece front with only a very small line on each side. If you want to see it done, bring it on over to Atlanta. It won't be cheap but it will be fun.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now if they can just come up with a better shield for the sides and back...
What do you want? My entire rocker is covered, including the door sill entrance. If you want more coverage in the back, I can custom make any kit you want. I've done plinthless clams, filled seams, shaved turn signals, Exige wings, door edge guards, etc etc etc. You let me know what you want, send over a fistful of dollars and it'll show up in your mailbox a little while later. :)

(leaving for LOG tomorrow though, so I'll be gone for a bit)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts