The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it too soon?

I know there is going to be some folks that get in very tough situations and I dont want to take advantage of anybody....but if I flip it maybe I am helping them out?

I probably will not do anything but it is fun to look.

So post up the great deals!

The 7 year 0% financing on GM looks tempting for a new pickup

·
S4s
697 Posts
I was kind of wondering the same thing. A friend is thinking of getting into a G-Esprit sometime soon and there may be some good deals to be had if everyone is in "hoarding mode."

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe seeing a few more no reserve cars on BAT. Definitely seeing lower bids on no sales. Most sellers on BAT probably not going to get in financial trouble.

I guess the best deals will probably be quick sales on Craigs List

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
Not directly Esprit-related (unless I sell my Esprit to buy it - not (yet)). But the highly anticipated Chevy Corvette C8 - a white C8 coupe with the 2LT option and red calipers is for sale at MSRP. The dealership told me the buyer cancelled after stock market drop impacted his financial situation.

I could only buy a C8 if I sell my Esprit (boss's mandate). For now, you can pry my cold dead hands... ya know what I mean.

Pretty sure this Covid 19 impact may be happening to all of us with discretionary sports cars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am trying to sell 3 cars and a motorcycle right now. Horrible time to sell. Not that I plan to reduce my prices to sell quick. I will wait.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, I was thinking all types of cool cars.

Let us know how it goes Joey, curious to see what people see out there.

Yeah, if I was waiting to liquidate stock to pay for the C8 and then this! Its like paying an extra 35% (I think thats how the math works)

A guy I work with took advantage of the 84 months 0% and got a brand new Chevy truck. Not as good a deal on that as he and I originally thought, you get discounts or 0% not both.

I say wait a week, things are going to get real interesting as the testing continues to ramp up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts