The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

What are the options and costs for replacing a windshield in the Lotus? Does anyone know the Lotus-sourced-and-installed price? Are there aftermarket or non-Lotus sourced options? I'm thinking it's going to be stupidly expensive if done through Lotus, but I don't know I've much choice in the matter. Can anyone chime in who's been through this? I did a quick search but didn't see anything that was clearly useful.

Thanks for your help,
Twin

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I've had mine replace twice. It was a comp claim on my insurance, so it only cost me the deductible. I can try digging up the paper work and check on the actual cost. It was done by a glass shop that covers for one of the local Lotus dealers. Think "officially" it requires removing or at least losing up the front clamshell. Watch them both times, they used piano wire to cut the old one out. Pretty sure the windshield itself has to be Lotus source (off hand the number $600 comes to mind).

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
No need to remove clam. Seems to me it was closer to $1000 for part plus labor. Not a happy day.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shinoo, if you're gonna pimp your stuff on the board, at least do us the courtesy of providing a price so we lazy bastards don't have to actually click on a link or something... :wave:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More seriously, thanks to those of you who provided input that was actually helpful. I'm not exactly excited by the news (of the cost), but I'd rather know. Thanks for your help.

Twin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts