The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
I'd imagine they're from the stress of lifting the hatch from the center of the wing since they seem to be on both ends. I'm no fiberglass expert, so I'm unsure if those could be repaired easily, but I would imagine so?

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Seen as those cracks are on bottom, to get those cracks , I would imagine someone/something applied force from top down at some point. It is the sublety of compression fx v elongation fracture. (Dental types think abrasion v abfraction) Wonder if someone may have overtightened the mounting screws once upon a time. Might be the perfect excuse to do that GT4 wing you've always admired....................
Frankly, if underneath I'd just leave it alone unless you could actually see movement when flexing / lifting. The amount of stain in the crack suggests this nothing new

Reactions: jmardy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Yeah, overtightening was my first thought. No movement or flexing... I'll keep an eye on them and if they stay as is, I'll not worry.
Carbon fiber GT4 would be nice. :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
On boats I recommend Dr. Tolleys Creeping Crack Cure to stop spider cracking, never used it on a car but Id imagine it would work. If you are by water any marine store should have it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wonder if it's from repeatedly dropping the hatch to close it. Best to just set the hatch down gently, then press it down the rest of the way to latch it.

Reactions: jmardy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts