The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yea, Actually he did. I flew out and got it. Just arrived in Houston. So far bought a bunch of CF parts that aren't going to help mechanically whatsoever. step 2?
You should start a project thread. It would be nice to see start to finish on this one. You'll get 10 opinions on everything though and would need to self moderate the thread.

2) Take your time and accept that it might be a long project. I can't recall what it looked like, but you might need to learn how to do fiberglass repairs or buy clams.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Lowtush I'll let you know if I do. Pictures from the day I looked at it and after loaded into my garage.

Frame looked okay, paint was a rattle can of GM orange so that's all getting stripped. I should have time this weekend to get started on it. Where should I start a project thread, in the general Elise forum or here?

·
Registered
26 Posts
It was stored outside with the softcover and several tarps covering it, but water got in at some point. The seat brackets are toast, but should be able to salvage the seats with a recover.

·
Registered
935 Posts
re: stock Elise parts

I converted an Elise into a race car. I think, I have some parts that you need. I am flexible. Need to get rid of stuff. I am a little far from you in Toronto, Canada....

I have the backstays, since I took them out and built my own rollcage.

Anton

·
Registered
226 Posts
Search seller 'slava81' on eBay. He's got most of an Elise parted and for sale. You might find all kinds of bits you need for this project.

·
Registered
26 Posts
car was rear ended 3 months after it was bought new. rear clam was replaced but not the subframe, so now it's pretty rusty. got a used one off ebay for $200, should be here tuesday.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts