The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$34,900 Seems to be a vey good price for somewhat Low miles and supposedly clean history!

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
I bought a tan interior to put in my Nightfall Elise I had.. but sold before I could. Now I know what it would've Iooked like! Beautiful!

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Exige, Solar yellow
22 Posts
A trinket divider, and a cup holder. Fancy!
Looks good, if represented truthful.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for posting this. I ended up picking this car up and its coming to Canada!
Right On, congrats, glad I could help!!! That's exactly why I post/share some good cars for the community. I know these can be hard to find, especially when they show up on sites like Craigslist.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FWIW I went and saw this car in person and it’s great, owner is a very nice and honest guy. You’re getting a great car @ColinM! I only passed because in my heart I’m after an Exige still :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My fiancé and I went and looked at this car on Tuesday as well. The owner seamed to be honest and friendly. During the test drive it was discovered the AC was not working and im certain the owner was not aware of this issue at all. The owner was also forcoming regarding other interested parties. After some friendly discussion we told him that we loved the car and were certain we wanted to purchase it, but had some concerns regarding possible cost of AC repairs, The owner volunteered to take the car to the dealer and have the AC checked out prior to selling us the car. But would not have time until Saturday. Both my fiance and I‘ were given the impression we had a verbal agreement to purchase the car after the AC was looked at. On Wednesday I sent the owner a text to say it was nice to meet him and I was informed the car was sold. Of course he has the right to sell the car to whom ever he chooses. But the impression given was he would sell us the car after the AC was checked. We were very disappointed to loose the car. But we were also disappointed we were not informed he had changed his mind about having the AC fixed and also not given the opportunity to purchase the car as is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
He seems like a stand up guy. I called from Canada with minimal questions because it's been so hard to find a nice unmolested and clean title Elise with no stories. He didn't let me purchase the car before hearing back from captain Eddie. I went in full asking and no condition and paid him right away. I know it sucks loosing cars. I've tried buying 4 of them now and always seem to just miss out. I'm sure you will find one soon, now is the season for them to be for sale. And I believe one is going up on BAT soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
He seems like a stand up guy. I called from Canada with minimal questions because it's been so hard to find a nice unmolested and clean title Elise with no stories. He didn't let me purchase the car before hearing back from captain Eddie. I went in full asking and no condition and paid him right away. I know it sucks loosing cars. I've tried buying 4 of them now and always seem to just miss out. I'm sure you will find one soon, now is the season for them to be for sale. And I believe one is going up on BAT soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, but the one on BAT is lime green 🤮. We certainly thought he was a stand up guy as well. Which is why we were so supprised to find out the car was sold after our conversation with him. Well enjoy

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’d assume that anyone looking to purchase a car would try to get a contract and/or put a deposit down? Or be willing to purchase and have such little (known issue) items fixed, like AC.

Crazy deals come up, like a 20k$ Exige S listed on the FB group, with very little details because the seller just doesn’t want to deal with the onslaught of questions. Be ready to jump on such deals as they won’t last long.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In a previous conversation with seller he told me he would not require a deposit and that if we came to an understanding he would honor it. Disagree with comment no $$, no agreement. Honor comes from keeping our word in spite of any loss or gain.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In a previous conversation with seller he told me he would not require a deposit and that if we came to an understanding he would honor it. Disagree with comment no $$, no agreement. Honor comes from keeping our word in spite of any loss or gain.
No offense, but you must be new to the world of online listings/sales outside of eBay.
People come to check out cars, talk a ton of game, then never come back to buy. This is quite frequent compared to those that actually follow through, knowing this to be the case the previous owner likely took the path of least resistance and sent her off to America’s top hat.

deposit and contract tend to lock cars in, words show zero commitment... as you’ve come to understand.

for reference, quite a few cars on here have sold within hours of being listed. Welcome to the Elise/Exige world. 🙌🙌

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a feeling it would sell quickly. Im also looking nearly every single day and because my requirements are lower (due to a lower budget) it makes it even harder. Theres a lovely one on the other side of the country and though these cars need it, Im opposed to bright colors.

@RLL111 good luck in your search, sucks you missed out but lesson learned and be more prepared for the next one.

my .02

·
Registered
951 Posts
Sorry, that sucks. If there was a verbal agreement and understanding that no deposit was needed, it sucks that he didn't at least call you. Not all that surprised as that's the nature of private party sales.

But yea, you have to jump on these cars as they're moving fast. Especially clean and mostly stock ones.

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
I have learned that when you want something and it is a good deal, the appropriate first contact is " When do I come pick this up"

Hell, even if you put a deposit, you need to perform.

When I bought my Exige, I asked what the cash number was, and arrived with a literal bag of cash. It was 25 percent off the going peak price and I only drove it on the trailer.

Sometimes you just have to make a decision and take the risks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts