The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have been seeing this car pop up and have been flagging it as well. Great to see such attention paid by the Lotus community.

·
Registered
945 Posts
What is the scam? How do they get money from you if the car is fake?
Usually they'll ask for a deposit, a "holding fee," or tell you they need money to move the car somewhere for you or get it out of storage.

If you don't give Craigslist people money upfront for cars (which nobody should), you're safe.

I was hoping to email the "seller" and figure out exactly which scam they were running, but someone else beat me to it and they won't respond to email any more :shrug:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw that same ad on the portland craigslist a little while ago. Requested VIN via email just in case it was real but I never got a response.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ziker...

i rececived the another email today from the guy thats trying to sell or scam me. im not sure what the deal is with your post?

·
Registered
133 Posts
David- I think maybe Ziker is just playing around (?) since this is a photo of his own car, which I almost bought a year ago. He's had it for over a year.

·
Registered
945 Posts
ziker...

i rececived the another email today from the guy thats trying to sell or scam me. im not sure what the deal is with your post?
Ha! The scammer finally got "back in touch" with me too, claiming the body of my email where I asked for proof they were in possession of the car "got lost."

I'm still interested in seeing if they're running the "just western union me a deposit" scam or something new and creative.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That Purple Lotus

The ad in Oregon is a scam and I reported it to Craigslist. I am the owner in Tucson, AZ. The car is still here but going to consignment at the end of July. If anyone is still interested...let me know.

Ben Cohen
Tucson

·
Registered
663 Posts
The ad in Oregon is a scam and I reported it to Craigslist. I am the owner in Tucson, AZ. The car is still here but going to consignment at the end of July. If anyone is still interested...let me know.

Ben Cohen
Tucson
Looks like you already have a 'for sale' thread started. Someone did work for you ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts