The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at the local Sheetz (gas station) to grab a redbox movie. Pulling out a group of teenagers 'encouraged' me to light up the wheels. I obliged with a quick chirp of the tires. Nothing any more stupid than that, but enough for a trooper (where did he come from?) to give me two citations. 'Spinning wheels' and 'negligent driving'. Both minor, one point offences, but tickets all the same.

I'll ask for a trial, but what's my defense? Middle age?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Stopped at the local Sheetz (gas station) to grab a redbox movie. Pulling out a group of teenagers 'encouraged' me to light up the wheels. I obliged with a quick chirp of the tires. Nothing any more stupid than that, but enough for a trooper (where did he come from?) to give me two citations. 'Spinning wheels' and 'negligent driving'. Both minor, one point offences, but tickets all the same.

I'll ask for a trial, but what's my defense? Middle age?
Ever since I got a lawyer, I've never even had to change out of my Bermuda shorts. Write that lawyer a single check (usually for half the price of the ticket) and it never gets sent to insurance, and you never have to set foot in a courthouse. Easy, easy, easy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got pulled over for the same thing. He said he could get me for speeding and pedestrian endangerment. But I was given a warning because he asked about my car so I kept talking until he just ran out of questions. Phew!!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I got pulled over for the same thing. He said he could get me for speeding and pedestrian endangerment. But I was given a warning because he asked about my car so I kept talking until he just ran out of questions. Phew!!

Back in high school I got hit with the same thing with my truck at the time- reckless endangerment and whatnot. Lawyer got it changed to a noise violation :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
+1 lawyer.. Don't waste your time in court..lose time out of work and take a money hit. Tickets and points go a way for less than the fine usually. My lawyer ...he's such a good lawyer ...that by tomorrow ...you going to be workin in Alaska ...so dress warm...- scarface. Lol

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
what's my defense?
You don't need a defense. That's the trick ;) It's just a game, they shoot for the most they think they can get, assuming you will try to lower it and you should try for less. It used to be as simple as talking to the prosecutor but anymore today its traffic school. So you go in and 9 times out of ten the judge will suggest traffic school for no points. You save points they make money everyone is happy and your pocket book is lighter. I will say from experiences a lawyer will get it reduced further but you still get his with traffic school. It really is just a money game.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
tell them you have cheap tires also. Cheap = no grip, so easy chirping. Or can say there was a wet patch and you had no traction.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts