The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, Ive been shoppping for an Evora S and found one in my price range. However, the dealer told me it was damaged ( front rigght suspension, hub carrier and steering rack replaced. Since then it has been driven for about 8 years and 50,000 km,/ 35,000 miles.
It looks straight and my thought is that it's probably okay, but a nagging voice in my head is wondering about the mounting points where the control arms and steering rack attach to the chassis.
Any thoughts?
Thanks, Chris

·
Maniacal Motorist
102 Posts
After such a crash, I believe it is standard to do a chassis straightness check. Front segment could be replaced if it was really bad. Worst case, have them remove the wheel and fender liner to inspect for yourself. You can check for any deformation around the mount points

·
Registered
235 Posts
If it were me, I would have it put on an alignment rack then pull off the front wheels and look for any damage at the mounting points. If everything looks ok, I would buy and not worry about it again.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I agree with all the comments so far. Look at tire wear along with all the other things mentioned. Many of these things that could be potentially wrong will show up and can be felt throughout the steering and braking as well as visually inspecting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
If it has been fine for 8yrs and 35k, and tire wear looks fine.....I think that tells you what you need to know

Reactions: michelle227
1 - 7 of 7 Posts