The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with me? Motor number 3... First lasted 9,000 miles, second lasted 800 miles...

I'm going broke over here. Where can I get a cheap crate motor? I don't care to buy used. Might buy rebuilt from MWR.

Cheapest I can find is about $6,700.00 anybody have a better price?

Injectors are going out to get flow tested. First motor cylinder #1 lost compression after a BWR install (lasted under 2,000 miles).

Second motor lasted 800 miles when I broke a valve, also cylinder #1. This time a Charlie X tune.

Either the machine shop that did my head did a **** job or I've got a problem elsewhere.

I'm thinking a fuel delivery issue with #1. Running hot maybe from a bad injector.

Any other ideas?

Somebody sell me a motor....

Q

·
0 Posts
WTF? That's really weird.

Something's not right with

a) the way you drive the car
b) the car
c) the alignment of the planets

:shrug:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
exige S charlie Tune? Whats charlie say?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Well the same cylinder/valve that went last time has apparently gone on the first drive after i sent up a new ecu, so its either not been fixed correctly in the first place, or whatever caused it initially it is still there, since as far as we know so far its the same issue.

this is the primary reason i'm really uncomfortable replacing the BWR tune on cars with existing problems, i may not do any more until we've dynod the kit ourselves. (at the very least getting verifiable compression tests)

the other cars i changed out or are using a katana ecu are running fine, except for the DBW error codes on the 06 katana that i haven't released the latest flash for, one has been running around for quite a while now.

·
Registered
591 Posts
They where selling remanufacted lotus/ matrix engines on ebay for 1900. They dont seem to be there now but keep your eye out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Elise Motor

Anybody with me? Motor number 3... First lasted 9,000 miles, second lasted 800 miles...

I'm going broke over here. Where can I get a cheap crate motor? I don't care to buy used. Might buy rebuilt from MWR.

Cheapest I can find is about $6,700.00 anybody have a better price?

Injectors are going out to get flow tested. First motor cylinder #1 lost compression after a BWR install (lasted under 2,000 miles).

Second motor lasted 800 miles when I broke a valve, also cylinder #1. This time a Charlie X tune.

Either the machine shop that did my head did a **** job or I've got a problem elsewhere.

I'm thinking a fuel delivery issue with #1. Running hot maybe from a bad injector.

Any other ideas?

Somebody sell me a motor....
I have a complete motor out of an salvaged '06 Elise with 3700 miles for $3200.00 + shipping. PM me if interested.

Dan

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
You can get shortblocks much cheaper on toyota sites if you search for the thread that has it here, or newcelica.org...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts