The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, random question. Say you are at a gas station getting gas in your Lotus, and a random person walks up and tells you that you should sell them your car. They tell you they would give you X amount of dollars cash. What number would it take for you to actually sell it randomly like that?

(Reason I made this thread, is because I was talking with a guy a while back, and he told me he was at a gas station in his car (non lotus), and a pro athlete asked the guy if he could buy his car from him)

If someone walked up and offered me $35k i'd probably say show me the money. I'd go buy another elise for $30k and buy a supercharger for it with the rest of the money. Doubt I'd do it for anything less. :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
With all the time, money, and hard work I've invested into my car, to me I wouldn't let it go for less than 40-45k. In all reality, I would never get that much, but to me, personally, its what its worth.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Ok, random question. Say you are at a gas station getting gas in your Lotus, and a random person walks up and tells you that you should sell them your car. They tell you they would give you X amount of dollars cash. What number would it take for you to actually sell it randomly like that?

(Reason I made this thread, is because I was talking with a guy a while back, and he told me he was at a gas station in his car (non lotus), and a pro athlete asked the guy if he could buy his car from him)

If someone walked up and offered me $35k i'd probably say show me the money. I'd go buy another elise for $30k and buy a supercharger for it with the rest of the money. Doubt I'd do it for anything less. :D
Hopefully is not the same guy who emailed me to send him my SSN to collect my $300K from a Kenian bank Lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hopefully is not the same guy who emailed me to send him my SSN to collect my $300K from a Kenian bank Lol
"my name is Hasshim, and I in special problem. Mr.Gregorvic, our biggest holder, has past and leave all his funds to nobody. I have extend offer to you sir, because I feel you are man of faith and strong culture....." :p

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
If someone offered me 35K I'd be shopping for an NSX.

Hell, here's a side profile if anyone wants to submit an offer :D

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
If someone offered me 35K I'd be shopping for an NSX.

Hell, here's a side profile if anyone wants to submit an offer :D

Not sure about the specs on your car, but based on looks alone I'd give you 55K. That's a gorgeous Elise. Hang on to that!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
With all the time, money, and hard work I've invested into my car, to me I wouldn't let it go for less than 40-45k. In all reality, I would never get that much, but to me, personally, its what its worth.
I'm in the same boat. It would have to be at least 10k over what it's worth.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
My wife has offered our Seven for $100,000.00 For that kind of money I would have to let it go. So if anyone wants a 1958 Lotus Seven S1 and has $100K contact me via pm.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
as I read once;

Every car is for sale, the price just gets cheaper when the for sale sign goes in it.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
No, it's "silver carbon fiber" (texalium) finished in a gloss clear coat - the hard top, splitter, access panels, roll bar cover and side skirts.

·
Registered
269 Posts
:D
Now I want to know who the "pro athlete" was. If it was Westbrook, he'd have to throw in some "Nicholson seats." (although I hear he's an Audi phreak) :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts