The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I had a lotus dealer install my BOE clamhinge last fall in my 06 exige, and I am finally just getting some time on the car now. There is a lot of squeaking/cowl noise around the roll bar covers just above where the safety belts bolt in. I mean a lot! Mostly over uneven pavement. It's like nothing I've heard before.

When they installed it, they left out a bunch of "spare parts" to my dismay, including some of the loop side velcro. I also wonder if the pic I will post shows the area where the top installs installed incorrectly? There is an overlap that doesn't look right.

Attachments

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
I had a few squeaks too, spray oil solves just about all if them.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey guys

I had a lotus dealer install my BOE clamhinge last fall in my 06 exige, and I am finally just getting some time on the car now. There is a lot of squeaking/cowl noise around the roll bar covers just above where the safety belts bolt in. I mean a lot! Mostly over uneven pavement. It's like nothing I've heard before.

When they installed it, they left out a bunch of "spare parts" to my dismay, including some of the loop side velcro. I also wonder if the pic I will post shows the area where the top installs installed incorrectly? There is an overlap that doesn't look right.
That overlap is normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts