The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the link. I guess most states you would have a compromise like that. I recently moved to CT and their laws on cars can be skirted if the original did or did not have certain parts from the "factory". With that being said I was more geared to add minimal things for traffic/street safety like lights, some small heater besides the engine, today tech for brakes and possibly a way to choose street or track. I do know that this is a dangerous car to design off but so are the elige cars in the US.

·
Registered
6 Posts
to add minimal things for traffic/street safety like lights, some small heater besides the engine, today tech for brakes xender discord omegle and possibly a way to choose street or track. I do know that this is a dangerous car to design off but so are the elige cars in the US.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I have been compiling as much info/tech drawings as I can about the 49s and a few models around the same timeframe. This will be a slow process for sure but I'm not discouraged yet from doing this. Any info that this community has that may help please let me know. On that note thanks for the info so far.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Ben Beams, the creator of the Elise buyers' guide with Rob Dietsch built a replica Lotus 38 moncoque chassis from scratch at home. He is shown in this video autocrossing it. He proves it can be done. As far as licensing and road legal bits, look to a Lotus Seven for inspiration or the above Lotus 51R above. Understand if driven on local roads, most drivers won't see you behind or alongside, not unlike your Elise on a Mustang club track day.... I tried it with a Crossle Formula Ford on a track day and it was an eye opener...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts