The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

For a while I've wanted to create a new Uber post / welcome / introduction post. The idea this this would welcome them to LT and let them know how we do things around here. The topics I'm going to cover so far are:

- Searching via Google
- How to ask an intelligent question
- How to resize/post a picture
- Keeping it clean
- Introducing yourself and linking that in your signature

I'm also going to link to the old Uber thread and to a few of the forum rules posts - but further thoughts for this welcome/newbie thread??

-Ross

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to suggest posting a picture of your car, in the re-sizing image notes.

·
Registered
676 Posts
His has been covered before, i suggest you do a search....jk!

·
Wow Such Admin
6,944 Posts
I had the maximum attachment picture size reduced, so re-sizing a picture shouldn't be an issue anymore. But yes, quite a few people have no idea how to post a picture, especially with

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Sounds like a good Idea Ross...........

P.S. ............ You may also want to warn them about specific LT members too! Ha!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Regarding searching the site...

I've noticed that google always searches better than the built-in search. Not sure why but maybe you could investigate why that is?

Anyways if the built-in search cannot do better then I'd recommend to new users to use:

1) Open a Google search prompt
2) Search text "Blah" by entering "site:lotustalk.com Blah"

·
Registered
301 Posts
great idea....all really needed....these "canned" forum programs are arcane and not logical to use. Anything would help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts