The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Criswell called today- They have an extra car available. The car is Crome Orange/black interior/hard top/ touring. MSRP + $5000. I am on the list and I declined.
 

·
insert clever title here
Joined
·
7,702 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. Sounds like a pretty typical markup, could be a good opportunity for someone.

Hope you don't mind, I'm going to move this message to the Cars For Sale forum. Many people are looking for cars, and might not find this thread otherwise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,684 Posts
substantially lower markups have been realized. dicker with em
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,374 Posts
At least Criswell is going down their list and offering it to people prior to putting it on the market...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,721 Posts
rbullett said:
Criswell called today- They have an extra car available. The car is Crome Orange/black interior/hard top/ touring. MSRP + $5000. I am on the list and I declined.
where are you on the list? I didn't get a call at number 88, so I'm wondering how deep they are going. (Pure curiosity, I'd pass anyway)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
rbullet,

As #20, when are you officially ordering/expecting you rcar?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Grrr,

as you may have noticed, I'm #31!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Re: Re: Criswell -Available Car

Evl said:
where are you on the list? I didn't get a call at number 88, so I'm wondering how deep they are going. (Pure curiosity, I'd pass anyway)
We're in the #160's and got the call about this car last night. Criswell is calling people who expressed an interest in Chrome Orange. We passed on the offer, since we do not want the Touring package. However, saying "No Thanks" is KILLING ME today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,721 Posts
At 160 I don't think I would have balked at the touring package, the electric windows aren't that bad. ;)

I'm just waiting for my vin number (hopefully in less than a week), at which point I'll either ask for my deposit back, or to roll it over onto the exige list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Criswell -Available Car

sk8nSam said:
We're in the #160's and got the call about this car last night. Criswell is calling people who expressed an interest in Chrome Orange. We passed on the offer, since we do not want the Touring package. However, saying "No Thanks" is KILLING ME today.
Are you kidding me? Only over the touring pack? Man.. go for it!! The seats are great and the stereo can be sold if you don't like it. #160 is like this time next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Evl said:
At 160 I don't think I would have balked at the touring package, the electric windows aren't that bad. ;)

I'm just waiting for my vin number (hopefully in less than a week), at which point I'll either ask for my deposit back, or to roll it over onto the exige list.
So you spec'd and ordered your car, and now you don't want it? Why not?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
Oh man, those are my specs and I have heard nothing about mine, so close and this is so tempting. I need to behave....wooooosa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
sk8n,
I believe this was evl's second deposit, ie the other car came through first, at least that's what I think.

Can't believe you turned down a car that had everything you wanted just because it had the touring pack and your in the 160s. Wow, you're one stoic guy!
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
970 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
sk8n,
I believe this was evl's second deposit, ie the other car came through first, at least that's what I think.

Can't believe you turned down a car that had everything you wanted just because it had the touring pack and your in the 160s. Wow, you're one stoic guy!
Chris
but for 5K over msrp, it is easy to pass imo...there are alot of deals now where you can buy for 1-2.5 over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
sk8n,
Can't believe you turned down a car that had everything you wanted just because it had the touring pack and your in the 160s. Wow, you're one stoic guy!
Chris
The whole story is that my co-driver, JoAnne, doesn't want CO anymore. I would have liked to take this car with the touring pack just to have it now. We're thinking Krypton Green is the way to go, but need to see one in real life first. Plenty of time until we get our time-to-order call from Criswell...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
rbullett said:
I beleive that Criswell ordered the first thirty cars. I do not have any other status
Our second car was spot #13 at last count and it hit port on October 30. It's due in any day now. (It's for sale since we've decided to be a one Elise family.)

- Ellen
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top