The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was also at Criswell between 2:30 and 4:30 on Saturday for my test drive. Curious who I might have run in to???

Well, the car is beautiful! I do agree that it may look a bit odd from a couple angles, but it's just awesome. It was quite difficult to get out of when the top was up. Something I'll be able to work on down the road. ;) The steering was great, good road feel. You definitely don't want to drive over too many potholes, your teeth might come loose. :)

My wide shoes didn't fit to well. I'll have to buy some narrow driving shoes.

Otherwise, I agree with what others have posted.

I took about 100 pictures, I'll be posting a few. Well worth the 3 1/2 drive.

stahlee

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
COngrats on the drive guys, thanks for posting the pics. That blue car was one of the ones I drove and it's a wonderful color, for me it's just too big a pain to keep clean!!

Glad you guys enjoyed your drives.
Chris

·
Registered
79 Posts
if you don't get a chance to drive the Elise at Criswell (or elsewhere), get a copy of Grand Turismo 3 on the Playstation 2 - they have 2 Elise's you can drive to your heart's content!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: Criswell

Carl AMG said:
I was there with my wife and kids around mid-afternoon and drove the Elise. I'm now on the list!!

Carl, nice to see you over here, I am jslegacy in the mid-a on nasioc. I met you at a BJs meet in fairlakes back in august, your son had a remote control rally car, i believe you brought both or your cars there.

I went up there around 3:30 and they wouldnt let me take it out, I am scheduled to go take it out tomorrow around the same time.

So are you going to keep the WRX, MB and get the Lotus or get rid of one?

-jeremy

·
Registered
7 Posts
nxm150 said:
Stahlee, i was in Tom's office around 2:30. Did you drop by the office when I was in there?
NXM150,
Hmmm...don't think I stopped by Tom's office at that time. I was working with McDonald at the time.

What time did you take the car out?

stahlee

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Carl, what did you wear? You are probably in the backround of 1 of my pics. I got there at 12:30. Drove the car sometime around 1:30. Put down deposit around 2:15. Was out the door around 2:30.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yellow Elise:

Yes, that's me (and the wife and kids). I'm not sure which car you had but everyone is cool that we've met up there.

Criswell is one of my clients at work (I handle their 401k plan)so I knew I'd be up there when the Elise came into the dealership as I enjoy tracking and autocrossing.

To answer your question, I think we'll end up keeping the MB C32 AMG, WRX and Elise. The crazy part is we also have a '97 Ford Expedition (that we need for towing a small fishing boat, offroading at the beach to surfing and fishing spots, backwoods fishing expeditions I take to Canada, etc. but doesn't get driven a lot besides for those kind of chores) and I still have my '94 Saab 900 that the WRX was to replace (I couldn't get much trading or selling it so it's our beater until something bad and expensive happens) as well. I was kind of thinking getting the Elise would mean getting rid of the WRX but with all my mods that would be ashame and I really like the car. My wife thinks we shouldn't get rid of it so I'm game. It's likely I'll finally get rid of the Saab to make some room when my spot comes up.

The number of cars is getting out of hand a little but cars have always been one of my main passions. All three of the performance cars are fast but unique in character so it will make a nice stable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
nxm150 said:
Carl, what did you wear? You are probably in the backround of 1 of my pics. I got there at 12:30. Drove the car sometime around 1:30. Put down deposit around 2:15. Was out the door around 2:30.
I had a olive Mountain Hardwear Fleece and jeans, blond curly hair, big guy. My wife is Filipina and my two boys were there as well. My blue MB C32 AMG was parked next to the Lotus for a while right in front of the door.

I stopped by Tom's office when a couple of people were with him at about 1:15pm just to let him know I was there and to make sure he was expecting me. I set up the time through another contact there the day before and wanted to make sure Tom got the message that one of their business partners was coming in to drive the car.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Carl, I think you were the one that came into Tom's office when I was in there with my brother. I don't know what time I was in the office. I was thinking after 2 but now thinking more about it, I guess it was closer to 1:30.

Stahlee, I was the one that tried closing the trunk but bent the pole. My fault!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had an opportunity to test drive the Elise at Criswell this past Saturday and I was amazed!

I really lucked out because the weather was perfect for top down driving. Even with the top off, it was a chore to get in thanks to those high side bolsters. I'd like to see what it's like with the top on just out of curiousity. I did get to see the stop stored in the trunk. You can just roll it up and stick it right in there. Tom said the hard top would probably cost around $900 or so, which seems worth it to me.

The car drives like a pure sports car without compromise. I loved the simplicity of the interior and it ain't so bad lookin' from outside either :) Coming from an Evo, the steering was weighted much better thanks to a lack of power steering. When I got back in the Evo, I felt like a I lost all feeling because the Elise was so much more commmunicative.

You just can't be the overall design of this car. I could have cared less about the notchy gearbox. This car just proves you don't need excess power to have a blast.

- Mark

·
Registered
61 Posts
i just got back from driving her.

WOW, i have a smile from ear to ear. The car was simply amazing. I really just cant describe how awsome it was it was everything i thought it would be and more.

All i can say is thank you Tom.

-jeremy

21 - 38 of 38 Posts