The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree that I wouldn't worry about not (prematurely) getting the order form. When it's time to order is when it's important to you. As people have mentioned, Criswell is playing fair with the wait list. I have a business relationship with Criswell (as a vendor of theirs) but I'm in line with everyone else. I started at 85 and I appear to be moving up the charts with a bullet.

I look forward to Maxxfish (and others) getting their cars so I can check them out and meet other local owners. We'll be a pretty strong group in the DC/MD/VA area and I anticipate some new friendships.

Maxxfish - I am heavily leaning toward Graphite Gray with red leather. I just wish I'll see some good pictures of the color (and/or your car) before I order.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Carl,

Regarding Graphite Gray, have you seen the paint chips? Tom was happy to send them to me. For me it was between GG and ST, with the off chance that I might take a risk and go NFB (every vehicle I've ever owned has been black).

ST DEFINITELY has a brown tint to it; similar to a GMC truck/SUV color that I often see. GG is more of a true gray, makes me think of high-end European colors. And NFB is absolutely beautiful, but I'm too much of a wuss to take a chance and go blue.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well, I might just have to swing by Criswell this weekend. I want to see where I am in line now and I want to see the paint chips.

I was all set to get Ardent/black .. then I learned that it's not a shiny red. Hmmm.

Then I decided to get Magnetic/black .. but if I get the Elise at all it'll be paired with a wild blue Audi .. so that might not be good. Hmmm.

Then I thought Graphite Grey/red (I thought it before you mentioned it!)... but what the heck does Graphite look like in real life? And does it provide sufficient visability?

So ... maybe I should just bite the bullet and get Chrome Orange. You can't fight that mafia.

Biggest problem now is ... How do I back out on a new S2000 that is somewhere on a boat from Japan? What's a good excuse?

I wish the Elises would get here already so that I can read about the multitude of problems they have. I need reasons not to get one!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Hans Stuck said:
Well, I might just have to swing by Criswell this weekend. I want to see where I am in line now and I want to see the paint chips.

I was all set to get Ardent/black .. then I learned that it's not a shiny red. Hmmm.

Then I decided to get Magnetic/black .. but if I get the Elise at all it'll be paired with a wild blue Audi .. so that might not be good. Hmmm.

Then I thought Graphite Grey/red (I thought it before you mentioned it!)... but what the heck does Graphite look like in real life? And does it provide sufficient visability?

So ... maybe I should just bite the bullet and get Chrome Orange. You can't fight that mafia.

Biggest problem now is ... How do I back out on a new S2000 that is somewhere on a boat from Japan? What's a good excuse?

I wish the Elises would get here already so that I can read about the multitude of problems they have. I need reasons not to get one!
Come up to NY for the 4/9-4/18 Auto Show and ask the man 'nicely' if you can drive one home and keep it until your car arrives. You may have to leave your woman with him as collateral.....but it's still worth it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I may head up to NY for the auto show, but I am expecting a zoo around the Elise. Do you think they'll let my fiance sit in the passenger seat? It'll be great to see the U.S. version in person, but the real question won't be answered unless she can test out the fixed passenger seating position.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Hans Stuck said:
I may head up to NY for the auto show, but I am expecting a zoo around the Elise. Do you think they'll let my fiance sit in the passenger seat? It'll be great to see the U.S. version in person, but the real question won't be answered unless she can test out the fixed passenger seating position.
It should be noted that the Elise designer, in charge of interior-layout, was himself joined at the hip with a twin at birth. He definately believed in trying to bring others as closely together whenever possible.......

21 - 27 of 27 Posts