The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is disappointing and inconvenient.. it's going to be a bit of a trek to Philly for my warranty work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Criswell Lotus

You're better off. I will be filing two issues with the Attorney General of MD for their odometer fraud and unsatisfactory repairs. I thought the people there were very, very nice, but they deceived us when they sold the car to us.

We went for an appraisal yesterday at Euromotorcars in Bethesda (who may pick up the Lotus brand) and were informed that the car they sold us has a branded title. Criswell sold us the car after showing us a Carfax that had a clear title. It was only after a few car washes that we noticed a sticker on the driver's door about the odometer being replaced at 4400 miles. I could go on and on here with the rest of the story, but I have to get cracking on filing complaints with the OAG.

BTW, we live in DC as well and drive a Bordeaux Elise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cant do warranty yet, but we can service them and have been for years. We will soon be a vendor on here in the next few days. Picking up Criswells remaining inventory over the next few days as well although i am told there is not much : / Seems i was a week late guys/gals

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bummer, I just got back from Criswell and found out that they are out of the Lotus business. They are conveniently 1 mile away and were a quick way for getting tech inspections before driving schools. And I guess having them around the corner was a comfort blanket too.

I've had some work done at Mark Figliozzi's and it's good to know they are picking up more Lotus business.

And for everyone in the DC Metro area it's not the end of the world. I own two Fiats and an Alfa Romeo. When they left in the 80's and 90's, the mechanics formed their own businesses and parts sources sprung up too.

Mark looks like I'll be giving you a call soon.

Thanks,
Bill in MD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts