The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to ChrisB:
Crystal Cove car meet every Saturday morning. Between 7:00 and 9:30 car enthusiasts of all types have an impromptu meet at the Crystal Cove shopping center (on PCH right across from Crystal Cove State Park). From 150 - 300 cars of all types: Hot Rods, antiques, big-buck sports cars, old sports cars, race cars, concept cars, ex-SEMA cars, 50s/60s muscle cars, odd-ball cars, you name it. No entrance process or fees...just show up.

This is the 3rd person I've heard mention this recently, so I'd like to go and check it out. As I need to take care of some other business in OC anyway this weekend, I thought it would be a good breakfast stop.

Would anyone else be interested in going? No formal elise gathering, just a "hey, nice to meet you...dude, check out that car!" kind of meet. And if the weather is anything like its been the last week, it will be a gorgeous saturday morning at the beach.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I didn't mention it, but it is a good breakfast stop. There is a great breakfast place (lunch & dinner, as well) right next to where the show cars park. Wonderful pastries, breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, etc. There's also a Starbucks there, if you're into burnt coffee. :)

If you would like to attend, I wouldn't delay too long. It has gotten so big and popular, that the shopping center owner is getting concerned about liability...don't know how much longer it may exist. I suggest getting there early...the entire parking lot fills up some days and there is nowhere nearby to park and walk.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
If you go, I'll see you there. I stop there every saturday in the middle of the bike (bicycle, that is) ride that a whole bunch of us do. So I'll be one of those weird-looking, lycra-clad cyclists with funny shoes !!! Turns out that a lot of us are also car-crazy and/or involved with the industry, so it all kind of works (except for the inevitable conflicts between wanting to be on the bike versus attending car events).

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll probably be there by 8. I still have to drag myself out of bed then drive an hour from San Diego.

Anyone interested in meeting up, you can PM me for a phone #...although I'll be unmistakeable in my boring, stock silver celica...sigh. And I know what Mike looks like, so I'll be hanging out with the weirdo in spandex. Maybe I'll wear my lotus-T.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hmmm... this sounds like fun! Maybe I'll cruise by for a bit before I head-off to my Russian language class. Look for me! I'll be in a new Mustang Mach 1 that's an incredibly bright shade of blue. (Azure Blue).

See ya there!

Bob

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Uh... I can't bring the SVO...

... unfortunately I've torn-down the motor. I was going to reseal the oil pan and the rear main seal, but then I decided to freshen the head and valves at the same time and replace the motor mounts. Sheesh these car projects get out of hand quickly!! :p

Bob

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Jill and I got to meet some really nice people today.
Chris & Deb, Lillie (& family), Mike & Shinoo all showed up at Crystal Cove this morning and we spent a couple of hours being Elise Geeks together. There was a guy there named Dan with a yellow S1 190 who was happy to show off his car and tell us about Elise ownership. Not that he had much choice as we were all surrounding it when he came to leave, and he couldn't have moved an inch without our consent :)

Anyway, it was fun meeting everyone! I can't wait to start organizing some SoCal Elise Club events once our cars start arriving.

See you all soon,

Robert Puertas

·
Supporting Vendor
4,115 Posts
Great to meet ya'll. What an amazing collection of cars!!!

So shall I plan a Temecula drive/wine tasting/dinner outing for this Spring? Or shall I wait until this Fall?

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
...There was a guy there named Dan with a yellow S1 190 who was happy to show off his car and tell us about Elise ownership...
I'm probably violating some California tourist regulation by posting pictures with a cloudy sky, but here is a rear view of Dan's Sport 190.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for posting the pics Chris!

I should have brought a video camera to demonstrate the art of falling into the drivers seat of the elise. Dan did it with style, but he has lots of practice.

Shinoo looks very pensive.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
It was great to meet you guys/gals, I think the So Cal group of Elise owners is going to be (in the words of some old actor/politician) - "Fantastic" ! :p

Just one of the first of what will be many cool "meets" to come !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts