The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had 3M's Crystalline tint installed, this material is supposed to be the very best. It is the latest "nano" technology and stops solar energy (heat) from entering the vehicle. The beauty of it is, that it is clear, therefore it can be installed on the windshield. With our marginal air conditioning system I am thinking that if the A/C did not have to overcome the heat of the sun the car could be more comfortable. Driving around in the Florida summer, I can feel the heat pouring in, the A/C does not stand a chance. This Crystalline is only now becoming generally available, but apparently has been sold for testing out west for a while now.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Well, if it has NANO technology is must be amazing! [/end sarcasm]

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Not heard of it but would be interested - I'll watch this thread for more information if any becomes available

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have Solar Guard's nano tint and it helps with the heat a lot way better than regular tint, in the summer between Tucson and Phoenix before the tint I would always get hot, with the tint it is comfortable, not freezing, but comfortable almost to the point of turning down the A/C.

3M's tint was not out when I got mine but it is supposed to be even better, the shop I used also sells 3M it was supposed to be coming out sometime soon but I did not want to wait, needed the heat reduction and also the Solar Guard was expensive enough and the 3M was said to be considerably more.

·
Registered
522 Posts
yes, i used it on all 3 of my cars. they're worth every $$$

wouldn't consider anything else. put the 70 on your windshield

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, i used it on all 3 of my cars. they're worth every $$$ wouldn't consider anything else. put the 70 on your windshield
same here...worth it
Did you use it on the Elise? Do you have before and after perceptions? How much did it cost, I know its expensive. Did you use 40 elseware? Could you get away with using 40 or 50 on the windshield? Any and all details that you can think of would be much appreciated.
Michael

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
No state stickers on your windshields? How do people handle that?

·
Banned
241 Posts
I contacted a local installer in SoCal this past summer (I'm pretty sure Huntingdon Beach). Anyway, can't remember the exact price but I know it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the chart!!!-eek-

·
Registered
12,374 Posts

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts