The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A somewhat local dealer has an Elise in stock and they want $6000 over MSRP.

They also are charging $1000 over MSRP for ordered cars!!!!

Are they as crazy as I think they are?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
yes

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
What dealer is this?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
not correct.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I think it depends on the dealer. Scottsdale, AZ Lotus was offering $2,500 over MSPR for an Amburgine Elise and may probably do the same for a Magnetic Blue (my original car).

Dealers in the snow states may also be around the same range or less.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Periokid said:
A somewhat local dealer has an Elise in stock and they want $6000 over MSRP.

They also are charging $1000 over MSRP for ordered cars!!!!

Are they as crazy as I think they are?
rotfl

·
Registered
592 Posts
Valenti is about 1 hour closer to my house than HRM. Was not familiar with HRM before I put my deposit down, but I got the right "vibes" from them and the wrong ones from Valenti.

Picked up my car yesterday from HRM (at MSRP) and I know my initial feelings were correct.

·
Registered
970 Posts
4-6K over msrp is not the norm anymore...maybe 2-3 months ago...I have been offered 2 cars yesterday for 500.00-1000.00 over.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Reported sightings of about a half-dozen cars available new from dealers at MSRP. Would be tough to justify a premium right now, unless you find just that perfect color/option combo you've been dreaming of.

Chris

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
lets face it there are a lot of people out there who don't know what our car is,see it at a dealer and pick it up for a fun car price not being an object,and then there are the discerning people of elisetalk who know better than to spend too much on the elise no matter how wonderful it is.
just my big fat opinion
greg

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
peck555 said:
lets face it there are a lot of people out there who don't know what our car is,see it at a dealer and pick it up for a fun car price not being an object,and then there are the discerning people of elisetalk who know better than to spend too much on the elise no matter how wonderful it is.
just my big fat opinion
greg
agreed, theres alot of people out there not a member of forums to read and become more knowledgeable about cars and their prices.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts