The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting frustrated. It's been 2 months of driving and trying to get the OBD II monitors to show "ready". In 3 days I will be out of compliance.

I contacted the only CT dealer who said that the issue may be due to the aftermarket tune done by a previous owner. The service guy didn't seem optimistic and suggested I may need to buy and install the stock ECU at the cost of $1100. I have an appointment there tomorrow. He also mentioned a computer related recall but said they don't want to touch that issue.

Today I spoke with a CT emissions tech who I hoped would allow a tailpipe test only. He said no and said go to the dealer or contact a manufacturer rep.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Cramec has the best solution, defiantly contact him.
Btw, if the car is already registered and passed before, if you miss your emissions, the DMV takes forever to even notice. I was renewing my registration and they said I was overdue by over a year and the only reason I knew was during them telling me. I was pulled over a few times and the cops never brought up a suspended registration due to emissions being overdue.
As a matter of fact, I'm overdue now, it was due in March :facepalm

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have spoken with Cramec and he has pointed me in the right direction.

My car was registered in April for the first time in CT but hasn't passed yet. If I understand the DMV info, they will now fine me a $20 late fee, not suspend my reg but not renew it in 2 years or renew any other of my regs until I am in compliance. I hope to pass way before any of that.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
yeah just got my notice, and the last service I had done to it had the O2 sensor failing. I need to now replace it in short order and get through the stupid test.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aside from failing, the worse part of emissions is letting some punk ass drive my car. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts